Accessible cabins

cala8

Hello We will be sailing Vision of the Sea,in February.They do not have any accessible suites available,checking often.

We have booked a junior suite because my husband didn't like locations of balcony rooms.What are the chances of getting accessible balcony cabin after final payment ?How high are the tubs in junior suite and do they have a grab bar? Thanks

very high. I have hip and knee issues and often cannot get in and out easily even with the grab bar

I usually end up sitting on the edge and swinging my legs over

sported a very lovely bruise one cruise when I banged my leg badly on the second day.

HA rooms get snagged as soon as the itinerary is released so quite honestly the chances of one becoming available is not that great.

Hello We will be sailing Vision of the Sea,in February.They do not have any accessible suites available,checking often.

We have booked a junior suite because my husband didn't like locations of balcony rooms.What are the chances of getting accessible balcony cabin after final payment ?How high are the tubs in junior suite and grab bar? Thanks

Most people who need an accessible cabin book a year or longer in advance. The Vision of Seas has very few accessible cabins to begin with so there's no way to predict to predict if one will become available. Suggest you call RCCL and be placed on a waitlist for an accessible balcony now because if any accessible cabins become available after after final payment they go into the general pool and can be assigned against a guaranteed booking or sold to the general public. For the record if the cruise embarks from a USA port Federal Law permits RCCL to release all unsold accessible cabins to the general public after final payment.

Not only are the bathtubs very high in a standard junior suite cabin and has a small grab bar in the tub area but none by the toilet. Additionally the bathroom entrance has a step to enter/exit and does not a zero threshold. The bathroom door as well as the interior of the bathroom prohibits using any mobility equipment larger than a cane.

Note if you remain with the standard junior suite than suggest completing the special needs form to request a transfer bench for the bathtub. Here's the link https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thanks to everyone for their input,one last thing does the solarium have a shower or do you have to join the spa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the solarium shower is just for rinsing off in a bathing suit.

the gym has a locker room with showers