Disembark question

newcruzer2

My 1st princess cruise is in about a week. On another thread someone posted a link to a 4page disembarkation information by princess. As a Newbie to princess my question is.....

I want to do the Express Walk Off , with other cruise lines I've been on if you do the Express Walk you just, do it, you don't have to sign up for express walk off and get this PASS the info sheet talks about....

Is there TRULY a PASS I must hand someone to get off the ship??????

We have done the express walk off a couple of times and I don't recall having to do any notification or anything. In fact, the first time we did it -- we were on our way down to the lounge to wait and at the stairwell near the gangway were told we could leave and just did it!

The last couple of times we disembarked, they did assign "Walk Off Zones". Both times it was rather quick and we were able to disembark before 8:30 am, but staff at the doors did shoo some people away as it they did not call their "Zone" yet. I wouldn't get too flustered. It was a pretty smooth process.

Before the final night, you will get a questionnaire in your mail box.

You check the type of disembarkation you are going to do, ex. airport, private transportation, etc.

If you tell Princess you are self-embarking you will be assigned a time. If you want to leave earlier, go to passenger services and request an earlier time.

You have to be able to handle all of your luggage without help and have one hand empty (if you want to ride the escalator).

It's fairly painless.

Also, you will get that 4 page disembark guide, which explains everything, including breakfast times.

On the last page is a list of all the groups (typically by color but walk offs have no color) and the times for meeting.

For example on our last cruise, there were three walk off groups: A, B, and C.

They met in three different locations at 7:00 for A, 7:15 for B and 7:20 for C.

Disembarkation can only begin when the ship is cleared, so these are meet times, not disembark times. In the meeting locations, they have crew that will tell you you are cleared to leave.

It's easy.

The last couple of times we disembarked, they did assign "Walk Off Zones".

You are given a disembarkation sheet where you tell Princess your departure info...flights, etc. If you get something that does not work for you return your tags to Passenger Services for a replacement time. They assign a departure time and you are advised not to leave until your assignment is called because this fouls-up and seriously annoys the Immigration officers.

Thank you all very much, for the feedback. I feel more at ease now. I clearly get worried easily, LOL. Thank you again :)

That is what people are here for. We have all had anxiety when we did not know what was going on. I wish I was here when I first started cruising. I have learned a lot that has made the time on board more enjoyable and stress free.

They assign a departure time and you are advised not to leave until your assignment is called because this fouls-up and seriously annoys the Immigration officers.

Immigration folk do not care at all. They do not know or want to know what group you were assigned to.

At one time I posted a incident that happened as we were following a lady out into the customs lines. She asked the homeland security guard which line was the elite line. The guard informed here that Homeland Security did not have such a thing. She got upset and made some comments about how Princess should have one.:D

Immigration folk do not care at all. They do not know or want to know what group you were assigned to.

I think what annoys them is the mob lining up and complaining that it's taking too long. I can't imagine the chaos if Princess just let everybody walk off at the same time.