Cartagena on a Monday

Owlhelm

Hello all,

We're visiting Cartagena on 23 November, which is a Monday. So...all the museums will be closed. We are scheduled to arrive at 8am and leave at 6pm.

Can anyone help us out with suggestions of places to visit ?

Alternatively, if anyone has experience of tours operating from Cartagena that don't cost a fortune, if you could detail I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Martin.

Plenty of sights to see through the town and port (just keep aiming straight when you leave the ship). Murcia is a lovely port to visit and its roughly 30mins away via train (station not far from port). This place has a lovely beach and wonderful restaurants. We also took the local catamaran in Cartagena roughly 6 euros each. Hope this helps

Plenty of sights to see through the town and port (just keep aiming straight when you leave the ship). Murcia is a lovely port to visit and its roughly 30mins away via train (station not far from port). This place has a lovely beach and wonderful restaurants. We also took the local catamaran in Cartagena roughly 6 euros each. Hope this helps

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Their web site shows that the museum is shut on Mondays - sorry.

Errrr....this is the point of the post...

Cheers

M.

Sorry - senior moment - didn't read your original post closely enough.

Personally I would stroll around the town, have a few beers, pop into Corte Ingles for some shopping [if that's your thing] and as has been mentioned, take a trip around the bay.

Murcia is nice enough, and has a great square by the cathedral for people watching, but I would stay in Cartagena.