My Time Dining

I am sailing on the Harmony in July of 2016 and when we booked all that was left was My Time Dining.

With this selection is there any difference besides not having a set time between this and a regular selection for dining? We would still be able to eat at all the other complimentary restaurants correct?

Just a little confused and have heard different opinions of it and was trying to get my facts straight.

I am sailing on the Harmony in July of 2016 and when we booked all that was left was My Time Dining.

With this selection is there any difference besides not having a set time between this and a regular selection for dining? We would still be able to eat at all the other complimentary restaurants correct?

Just a little confused and have heard different opinions of it and was trying to get my facts straight.

Yes, My Time dining is the same; except you do not have an assigned table. I've had both. The cruise we just finished we had My Time dining. I requested the same server every night, and they were able to assist with that. The only problem was, we still had to wait in line to be able to be seated. They only had 1 line for those with or without reservations.

If you would like to eat at the same time each night, I would recommend being wait listed for either early or late dining. This way you can just go to your table each night, after the first night. There is a good chance you would be able to get your choice. As soon as I got home, I requested to be wait listed for early dining on my next cruise. I hope this helps.

We are going on the June 26th cruise on the Harmony and we have My Time Dinning, both Traditional Early and Late were already totally booked for now and no wait list. I was told that most Europeans prefer late. RCCL agent told me to wait until the day the final payment is due to call and get on the wait list because that's when people call to cancel.

Hopefully, MTD will be handled better on Harmony than on Liberty. It was our (5 of us) first experience with MTD and we mistakenly thought we could actually dine when we wanted. We did not realize that the system worked better if we made reservations (even though we couldn't always get a time close to when we wanted). Getting a table for five might have been part of the problem but I was not impressed with the way the system worked.

Hello, we allways book MTD because we are free to decide when to eat.

You can book the time for every day before departing and it was no problem to change the time onboard if you get an invitation or they changed showtimes. Whether on the Radiance or the Allure this year it was a problem to change in the afternoon and we had the same waiters every night! If we had a traditional time early or late on the Allure it was´nt possible to see all Shows, special Mama Mia for the late time. It´s right, there are two lines but if booked you had not to wait!

Hopefully, MTD will be handled better on Harmony than on Liberty. It was our (5 of us) first experience with MTD and we mistakenly thought we could actually dine when we wanted. We did not realize that the system worked better if we made reservations (even though we couldn't always get a time close to when we wanted). Getting a table for five might have been part of the problem but I was not impressed with the way the system worked.

yes party size had a lot to do with it. I bet you noticed that most of the tables were 2 and 4 tops in MTD, didn't you? larger parties do still need to make reservations because there are fewer tables set up to accommodate the numbers.

we use MTD because we can make reservations that split the difference between early and late dining. 5/530 is way too early for us but 830 is way too late. we can snag a table between 630-7 most nights simply by making a reservation for the first night before we board and then as we exit every night doing the same.

We had MTD for the Oasis earlier this month. I reserved on line times which were between 1745-1800. Once on board I requested a fixed seating early and that was granted for day two. Then we met a nice couple on day one and we actually got our own table with them for MTD at 1730 every day. We did not have to wait as the Maitre'd knew us and our arrangement.

Can you go to the other dining venues? On the Oasis those were for fixed dining passengers so I am not sure if you can with MTD.

We had MTD on our NV cruise last week. We ate at Chops the first night and Giovanni's the second. We then ate in the MDR the rest of cruise. The first night of that was a tone table, but the rest was at the same table and same servers, with no waiting.

Can you go to the other dining venues? On the Oasis those were for fixed dining passengers so I am not sure if you can with MTD.

I'm quite confused as to what you mean. There are no venues reserved for fixed time passengers. Perhaps you mean the other levels of the dining room? They have different names for each floor but it is all the same venue.

About 3 months prior to yout cruise you can reserve dinner times for each night. Reserve around excursions and entertainment. On the Allure this past Sept. we reserved most nights for 6:45 with one night early and one late. We had the same waiters every night.

I'm quite confused as to what you mean. There are no venues reserved for fixed time passengers. Perhaps you mean the other levels of the dining room? They have different names for each floor but it is all the same venue.

On the Oasis American Icon was use for MTD passengers. When you got there there were two lines, one for people with reservations and one for without and signs for each. As I mentioned we had procured a reservation for early fixed dining once on board. That was to be at Silk MDR. When we went past Silk one night we saw so signs like we saw at American Icon so it seemed that Silk and Grande were used for fixed dining passengers. Actually venues for fixed dining have to be assigned like what we got at Silk once onboard. We were assigned it and a table.

We tried MTD for the first time on our cruise in September and loved it! We set our time for 6:45 and had the same table with the same waiters every night. There were 5 of us and we were at a 6 person table (nobody else was put at our table). We will definitely be doing MTD on all our future cruises!

Does anyone know if you can request a table for two with MTD? If so, is there a longer wait? We have always done traditional late seating but thought we would try my time when we sail on the Allure in Jan. We def. prefer a table for two and will try to traditional if it isn't worth it doing MTD

Does anyone know if you can request a table for two with MTD? If so, is there a longer wait? We have always done traditional late seating but thought we would try my time when we sail on the Allure in Jan. We def. prefer a table for two and will try to traditional if it isn't worth it doing MTD

Yes you can. I think the wait would depend on how full the MDR is when you arrive or you could make reservations ahead of time which apparently most people do. IMHO I don't think making reservations constitutes anytime dining but that is the way RCI does it.

Does anyone know if you can request a table for two with MTD? If so, is there a longer wait? We have always done traditional late seating but thought we would try my time when we sail on the Allure in Jan. We def. prefer a table for two and will try to traditional if it isn't worth it doing MTD[/quote

We made a MTD reservation online for 6:45 every night for a table for 2 for our recent Sept. cruise on the Jewel. We had the same waiters nightly and never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. There were a number of tables for 2 in the dining room. Some were lined up close together near the windows, but we liked our table near the railing overlooking the lower level of the dining room. We've also done MTD with larger groups before. We prefer MTD and have no plans to go back to traditional dining. Although I haven't been on Allure, I imagine that they also have tables for 2 in MTD.

We tried MTD for the first time on our cruise in September and loved it! We set our time for 6:45 and had the same table with the same waiters every night. There were 5 of us and we were at a 6 person table (nobody else was put at our table). We will definitely be doing MTD on all our future cruises!

We had the same positive dinner experience during our last cruise except it involved a table for two. We would socialize at breakfast in the MDR with different table mates every day. :)