Sea weed??

island284

I've read there is an abundance of sea weed lately in the Caribbean. We are hoping to snorkel in St. Kitts and are worried about tons of sea weed. Has anyone snorkeled in August, September or October and can chime in on this? Thank you.

I've read there is an abundance of sea weed lately in the Caribbean. We are hoping to snorkel in St. Kitts and are worried about tons of sea weed. Has anyone snorkeled in August, September or October and can chime in on this? Thank you.

We were just there in late September while on a cruise and spent part of our day at South Friar's Bay (Shipwreck beach bar) and didn't see any sea weed there. Carambola is also on South Friar's Bay, just down the beach, so guessing there would be none there either. From the overlook at Timothy Hill (where you can see both Caribbean and Atlantic sides), we could see a lot of sea weed on the Atlantic side beaches. I don't know if there was any at Cockleshell Beach (southern part) or not since we didn't make it down that far this time.

We went to cockleshell Beach last week on an all inclusive package (taxi ride/ umbrella/ chair/ rum drink).

There was no seaweed at the beach, when we stopped at Timothy Hill you could see the seaweed on the Atlantic side( the Marriott side)

Had dinnermates that went to Timothy Beach Resort, water was fine but the erosion on the beach is very noticeable and they had problems getting in an out of the water due to the steep incline.

• 3 weeks later...
We went to cockleshell Beach last week on an all inclusive package (taxi ride/ umbrella/ chair/ rum drink).

If you don't mind me asking, how much was this deal and who was it with? We are on a cruise there in January and would like to go to Cockleshell. We were also hoping to get to Brimstone Hill Fortress first in the morning but not sure how much time we would need as we are only in port 8am-4pm.