Sunshine carnival hub app

izzypooch

I am currently on Sunshine. My husband and I and 2 other couples downloaded the app before boarding and logged in as soon as we got on board. We signed up for chat -- which was free, surprise, because it is still bata. This is apparently only second cruise in use. Well it is great as far as maps, what's going on around ship etc, but unfortunately we couldn't get the chat function working between couples. Hubby and I could. i suppose cause we are same room?

Anyway just wanted to let others know is is an awesome feature once they get kinks out and/or was anybody on Sunshine last cruise that was able to chat with others not in The same room? Maybe we're all missing something. We add the people's ID to contacts, it says it is sending invite but nothing shows up on the in invited person's phone. As I said, my husband and I were able to connect so that's great. And it's free.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if it was working yet. I thought it was $5 for the chat function? I'm so glad the app is up. I won't be chatting with anyone, but wanted the ship features it has.

Correcting myself: I just realized it is free for your sailing because of the testing. Sorry I am just catching that. Please let us know if it gets fixed during your cruise! Have a wonderful time.

Edited by INCHARGE

on right now and it is the best thing in the world. No more notes, message boards on the door,...etc... I can contact my teenagers and husband instantly and know where they are at. Make sure to download the app before you take off on the cruise (do it now) Ours showed the Carnival breeze when we downloaded it but once we were aboard, we set it up (very easy). I also highly recommend the highest internet package if you like to be connected onboard. It is so fast, I love it. Very easy to switch from phone internet to the laptop and/or tablet. Also, by some miracle, was able to snag a clam shell in Serenity where I surfed the internet and enjoyed the outdoors :):D

on right now and it is the best thing in the world. No more notes, message boards on the door,...etc... I can contact my teenagers and husband instantly and know where they are at. Make sure to download the app before you take off on the cruise (do it now) Ours showed the Carnival breeze when we downloaded it but once we were aboard, we set it up (very easy). I also highly recommend the highest internet package if you like to be connected onboard. It is so fast, I love it. Very easy to switch from phone internet to the laptop and/or tablet. Also, by some miracle, was able to snag a clam shell in Serenity where I surfed the internet and enjoyed the outdoors :):D

Ok - so please tell me what we have to do beforehand to be able to use this. We are cruising the week of Thanksgiving and I'd love to be able to stay in touch with my kids!

Thanks!

Ok - so please tell me what we have to do beforehand to be able to use this. We are cruising the week of Thanksgiving and I'd love to be able to stay in touch with my kids!

Thanks!

So, you basically just download the app from your app store (android=google play...Apple=appstore)... It's called "Carnival HUB - Breeze" (don't let the name fool you. They haven't updated it since other ships have started offering the service).

Once downloaded and installed, it asks for your cruise date and then begins a countdown. Once you're on board, you just click "log me in". The only part I don't know about is how to pay the $5 fee for the chat function. I want that too.

So, you basically just download the app from your app store (android=google play...Apple=appstore)... It's called "Carnival HUB - Breeze" (don't let the name fool you. They haven't updated it since other ships have started offering the service).

Once downloaded and installed, it asks for your cruise date and then begins a countdown. Once you're on board, you just click "log me in". The only part I don't know about is how to pay the $5 fee for the chat function. I want that too.

When you board and sign in, you will sign in with your folio number and you sail and sign will be charged.

Do you have to purchase the internet package to use the HUB app? I was considering buying walkie talkie to keep in contact with our children but would love to use this if it's offered on our ship and do away with the walkie talkies.

I am the OP so here's my update and clarification for how to use the hub app. Download it from the android play store or iPhone app store before you board. It is free unless you want chat feature which is one time fee of $5. You don't need to purchase internet package. Instructions are clear as to how to set it up. Just put phone in airplane mode, then connect to ship wifi.

Sunshine update: we could purchase the chat feature for free because it explained still bata (in other words still tweaking). Well it is great for showing activities, open times of food venues, checking onboard account, etc. first couple days was loving that husband and I (in same room) could chat. We never could connect with others we knew on board. Then about third day, the entire chat feature was down and still is down. Bummer. But i'm sure if they have it working on Breeze it will eventually be working correctly on Sunshine..

Also the internet packages are well worth the price too in my opinion. I paid $60 for around-the-clock wifi. And you can use the same account for as many devices as you want. You just have to have only one logged on at a time. I am checking email, reading news, taking my time on Facebook, even playing a few games of Candy Crush- just like at home.

I am leaving in 3 days on the Sunshine and can't find this app in AppStore for my iPad.

Edit to add: I couldn't find it when going straight to my App Store, googled the app and link popped up that too me straight to download. Can hardly wait to give this a try.

Edited by tree.critter

I am the OP so here's my update and clarification for how to use the hub app. Download it from the android play store or iPhone app store before you board. It is free unless you want chat feature which is one time fee of $5. You don't need to purchase internet package. Instructions are clear as to how to set it up. Just put phone in airplane mode, then connect to ship wifi.

Sunshine update: we could purchase the chat feature for free because it explained still bata (in other words still tweaking). Well it is great for showing activities, open times of food venues, checking onboard account, etc. first couple days was loving that husband and I (in same room) could chat. We never could connect with others we knew on board. Then about third day, the entire chat feature was down and still is down. Bummer. But i'm sure if they have it working on Breeze it will eventually be working correctly on Sunshine..

Also the internet packages are well worth the price too in my opinion. I paid $60 for around-the-clock wifi. And you can use the same account for as many devices as you want. You just have to have only one logged on at a time. I am checking email, reading news, taking my time on Facebook, even playing a few games of Candy Crush- just like at home.

Thanks for the good info. Sure will make a bit more room in my suitcase without the walkie talkies and chargers.

• 4 weeks later...
Izzy, thx for info.

Does it have menus loaded? Can you check your S&S balance?

No menus as of yet. You can check your S&S.

We had an issue with HUB because we had a time change on our cruise. They set ship time to San Juan (an hour ahead) even though we left from Canaveral. This threw off the ship time on the app, and while I figured out how to manually change the time, the activity times were hard coded to Canaveral time, so the alerts for your "favorited" activities always came late. I let someone at the shore excursions desk know, and he put me in contact with the media person, who didn't know about the issue. He appreciated that it was brought to their attention, so maybe they can fix the programming for future cruises.

I did really enjoy the HUB app features.