Transport/Hotel into FLL for POM before and after

lucigo

Family of 3, in April flying into FLL, staying overnight and then sailing out of Port of Miami, then need transport back to FLL and another overnight before flying home.

Please recommend best options for hotel and transport. Would prefer to keep the entire budget under $500.

Thanks!!

I would stay in the FLL area and use shuttles (SAS, QLS, Go airport and others are often suggested on this board). http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and hotel info on the FLL area. Comparable hotels are usually cheaper in the FLL area than in Miami or Miami Beach - and we find the area more family friendly. Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area in a variety of price ranges, plus many nearby dining options.

Most of the shuttles list the hotels they pick up at on their web pages - book your hotel and then find the shuttles that service that hotel, saving you a trip back to the airport just to catch your shuttle to POM.

I would stay in the FLL area and use shuttles (SAS, QLS, Go airport and others are often suggested on this board). http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and hotel info on the FLL area. Comparable hotels are usually cheaper in the FLL area than in Miami or Miami Beach - and we find the area more family friendly. Lots of hotels in the downtown/17th street area in a variety of price ranges, plus many nearby dining options.

Most of the shuttles list the hotels they pick up at on their web pages - book your hotel and then find the shuttles that service that hotel, saving you a trip back to the airport just to catch your shuttle to POM.

Thanks, I'm doing the research now. So many to choose from and all so expensive!

Check the Hilton Garden FLL.... they did have a cruise pkg with transport to/from POM.

We stayed at a FLL hotel and used QLS to/from POM. We were very happy with the service. We too sailed post Easter and the hotel rates were $$$. We booked 2 rooms at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL using our AAA discount. The hotel was clean, had a great complimentary breakfast and an airport shuttle. There was a 24 hr Walgreens next door and a few restaurants within walking distance. For the money, we made a good choice.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

MJS transportation is also an excellent shuttle service used them twice

FLL to Miami($15pp) New Mercedes Vans

Marriott Biscayne Bay also has a good gov rate. (just need ID)

Taxi to Port is about $10-$15

Using a govt rate seems to be the way to go. DH has a CAC card and retired military, and they don't ask for orders, just the ID. Going to research this further. Still $180....but a much nicer view.

My 12yo son has autism, and so I'm a bit worried about the transportation, mostly waiting. Do you have any recommendations on this? I'm guessing we should hang back and wait to get off the ship since we are just going to a hotel. Do they give you a set time, or do you wait for an available shuttle?

My 12yo son has autism, and so I'm a bit worried about the transportation, mostly waiting. Do you have any recommendations on this? I'm guessing we should hang back and wait to get off the ship since we are just going to a hotel. Do they give you a set time, or do you wait for an available shuttle?

Most of the shuttles companies will put you in cell phone contact with the driver - call them when leaving the ship and then when you have bags and are clear of customs/immigration.

If there are 3-4+ in your group a taxi is a reasonable alternative - about $75 on the meter compared to $15+ per person - and no waiting for other customers. Good luck! :)

Most of the shuttles companies will put you in cell phone contact with the driver - call them when leaving the ship and then when you have bags and are clear of customs/immigration.

If there are 3-4+ in your group a taxi is a reasonable alternative - about $75 on the meter compared to $15+ per person - and no waiting for other customers. Good luck! :)

Awesome, thanks for your help!

They call your cell phone as soon as you land and have you call back as soon as you pick up your luggage. They give you the place to meet outside for pickup. Also contact you the morning you get back to port.

Edited by ramref
add information

Make sure to check that on the return from POM to FLL they will drop you at a hotel. I think you said you had a post cruise overnight there. Last time I used MJS they would no longer drop at the hotel. Pickup from a hotel on Embarkation day was not a problem.

I think they are just too busy making runs from POM to FLL in the morning they can't spend the time to do hotels.

They will take you to the airport then you could take a quick cab to the hotel.

Make sure to check that on the return from POM to FLL they will drop you at a hotel. I think you said you had a post cruise overnight there. Last time I used MJS they would no longer drop at the hotel. Pickup from a hotel on Embarkation day was not a problem.

I think they are just too busy making runs from POM to FLL in the morning they can't spend the time to do hotels.

They will take you to the airport then you could take a quick cab to the hotel.

Thanks, hopefully we can get a shuttle directly to the hotel!

We actually did same thing. Flew into FLL and got free shuttle from airport to FT Lauderdale hotel, comfort suites cruise port. Loved the location. Had arranged next morning for private transport to ship, think it was QLS, very pleased. Did same in reverse when disembarked. We stayed 1 night after cruise because cheaper than flying back that day. We had booked cruise only 30 days out.