Question about the new internet plan

conshycruiser

It is not yet on all boats. I had seen a Post on JH's facebook page a couple of months ago that it was supposed to be added to the Liberty by the end of the year.

I sail in March and am also interested to find out if it has been installed yet.

Hopefully someone who has sailed recently will respond.

Kim

Yes,it's on Liberty. It's not on the ships that sail mostly in Australia, the rest of the fleet has been updated.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships (with the exception of the Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit) now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access to popular social sites and Apps such as Facebook, What’s App and Instagram. Does not include access to the entire internet.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Access to the web. Perfect for emailing, browsing the news and keeping up to date with sports scores. Does not support access to bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming

Premium ($25 USD per day) – Access to the web at up to three times faster than the other plans. Supports Skype where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

If you are asking if you can use it on multiple devices, then yes, you can. You just can't be using it on more than one device at a time. It's actually really easy to switch back and forth between devices, too. You don't even have to disconnect from the first one. You just go to connect to it on the second device and you'll get a message saying that you are already logged in on another device, and it asks you if you want to disconnect it. I was just on the Dream and purchased the plan that lets you do everything except streaming. It was great.

Edited by bakersdozen12

My husband and I shared it between our 2 phones and an iPad. Like other poster stated very easy to just disconnect the other device and log on. So much better than the old pay per minute plan. We purchased the mid-price package and found it fast enough for what we needed. It's nice to be able to keep in touch back home with pet caretakers and elderly parents in case of an emergency. We don't rely on it but makes enjoying vacation a little easier.

• 3 weeks later...