Excited, but worried I was too optimistic!

donnaree

First time NCL...drawn in by Trop Rock and Margaritaville, and we're very excited! However, we are flying in from Costa Rica and our plane gets in at 10:46am. We have the Global Entry program, so customs SHOULD be expedited. Y'all please keep your fingers crossed for us...I know I've cut it way close! Any suggestions (other than cancelling the cruise)?

Can you change your flight to the day before? It is really close for an international flight. One small delay and you could miss the boat. Even if flight change fees are a few hundred, it is still cheaper than a last minute flight to the first port of call.

I can't change because I have Friday night plans. When I first booked the Costa Rica trip, I had it in my mind that we were going to Nassau first...a cheap flight, if necessary. You're right, if we miss boarding, it's going to be outrageously expensive....keep your toes crossed, too!

I can't change because I have Friday night plans. When I first booked the Costa Rica trip, I had it in my mind that we were going to Nassau first...a cheap flight, if necessary. You're right, if we miss boarding, it's going to be outrageously expensive....keep your toes crossed, too!

Good luck, it is too late for changing now you say, so keep this in mind next cruise: always plan to arrive a day early. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Will the cruise line be transporting you from the airport to the ship? If so, they will wait for your flight if there are any short delays. I pushed my luck with a flight from Toronto to Rome for a RC cruise and they were right there waiting when we got off the plane. Another passenger's flight was delayed and they waited for them.

First time NCL...drawn in by Trop Rock and Margaritaville, and we're very excited! However, we are flying in from Costa Rica and our plane gets in at 10:46am. We have the Global Entry program, so customs SHOULD be expedited. Y'all please keep your fingers crossed for us...I know I've cut it way close! Any suggestions (other than cancelling the cruise)?

Unless your flight is delayed more than a couple of hours you should be fine, though a bit rushed. Customs in Miami can be a real bear. Global entry may or may not help you. Don't rely on any transportation method except a cab. You will have about 4 hours to make it to the port and that should not be an issue.

Of course keep your fingers crossed.

If you arrive on time you will have more than 4 hours to get everything through and be at the pier. I would have thought you should be able to do that unless there is a real problem with the flight. Even if MIA was as bad as LAX you should get through in that time and be able to get to the pier; but use a taxi unless you have arranged with NCL to use them.

Mike

I appreciate all tour feedback! After long deliberation (and two problems this summer with planes...one caused us to miss a day inCopenhagen, and one had us spending an unplanned night in Chicago) I decided to cancel this cruise. We rebooked a later one (but it doesn't have Southern Drawl Band entertaining😥 ). Y'all have a great cruise!

You may want to look into Trip interruption insurance at least that may help you get to the next port and pay for a hotel if you miss the ship.

I do not buy it from the cruise line as it is sometimes very expensive. If you don't know where to look try to google it.