Wines by the bottle discount with Package

I have scoured the threads and could not find an answer to this...although no doubt, someone will point me to a thread within moments of asking... But after 2 days of looking here, googling, etc... Here goes.

I am thinking of purchasing a premium package becuase little umbrella drinks add up quickly. Throw in some wine with dinner, a cocktail, and bam. Worth it. DH will not, becuase he knows we will get free beer/wine in suite lounge...

And he likes to save money. :)

However, this is the Q: if I order a bottle of wine to share at dinner, will they allow that and still give the 20% off? Or will they only let me drink from that bottle?!? Also, are there any limits to the discount? I.e. If I order a $100+ bottle, will they still allow the discount?

The wine discount could really make this worthwhile and I do not see anything in the fine print that would help explain.

Many thanks in advance.

I have scoured the threads and could not find an answer to this...although no doubt, someone will point me to a thread within moments of asking... But after 2 days of looking here, googling, etc... Here goes.

I am thinking of purchasing a premium package becuase little umbrella drinks add up quickly. Throw in some wine with dinner, a cocktail, and bam. Worth it. DH will not, becuase he knows we will get free beer/wine in suite lounge...

And he likes to save money. :)

However, this is the Q: if I order a bottle of wine to share at dinner, will they allow that and still give the 20% off? Or will they only let me drink from that bottle?!? Also, are there any limits to the discount? I.e. If I order a $100+ bottle, will they still allow the discount?

The wine discount could really make this worthwhile and I do not see anything in the fine print that would help explain.

Many thanks in advance.

You can share the discounted bottles of wine. I've not heard of any value limit.

Edited by clarea

THAT is tremendous and puts a package over the top for me. Thank you!!

My intention was not to buy bottles of wine at the table if we took the top drinks package. From what I have seen there are a good selection of wines included 'by the glass'.

We are taking my Dad along with us ( in addition to our 3 kids) and we worry we will miss having a bottle on the table. I know it sounds silly but did anyone else feel odd drinking wine by the glass and not ceremony of sharing a bottle or three...?

Some of the high end wines like Caymus cab have great prices it was only 80 on my last cruise ( I heard it is a little higher now) but we the 20 percent off that is a real bargain

That is exactly what I am thinking..... :)

That is exactly what I am thinking..... :)

We like our wine. I am wondering if we should just 'pay as you go'?

My only worry is it will be very hot when we cruise and think we might do some afternoon cocktails to cool down... Decisions, decisions...

There does seem to be some bargains in the Wine Department which ar eonly by the bottle....

My only worry is it will be very hot when we cruise and think we might do some afternoon cocktails to cool down... Decisions, decisions...

There does seem to be some bargains in the Wine Department which ar eonly by the bottle....

I ran a spreadsheet and the value comes when you order bottles $100+ and plan to have at least 6 cocktails each day at sea and 3 on port days.. That is a LOT of drinking!

We were pretty happy with the selection of wine by the glass, also each specialty restaurant had a slightly different list. If you get a high end wine by the glass and have preium package you pay what the cost is over the 12 that package gives you, so if wine in 20 a glass you pay 8.