Grandeur of the Seas

Treacher1

We love the Grandeur. The crew is very friendly and helpful. Baltimore is our home port and try to sail out of there 2 times a year. Can not wait until we are on her again in April. Enjoy your cruise.

I know, after the holidays this cruise will be here before we know it...We are so excited, it will be my kiddos first cruise....it will be a much needed vacation, and my first 10 day cruise, I have only done a 5 day and 7 day in the past :)

bubba83 we look for cruises that are 10 or longer. The longer the cruise is the better we like it. We use to only do 7 days cruises until they became to short. It now seems on a 7 day cruise you are getting off way too soon in our minds. Enjoy your cruise and hope the kids like it.

I am ready to book our cruise on the Grandeur for April 27. I have cruised a few times but never on Royal Caribbean.

I have a few questions about the ship. Is there a self laundry on board? We are driving to Baltimore and plan on spending a few extra days on end of the trip or the other. Also, for a 10 day cruise, how many formal nights or special nights?

It has a been a few years since our last cruise....have the dining room rules changed for clothing?

thanks for all your information...I am really looking forward to this cruise. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary early with this cruise. (we normally spend our anniversary in Aruba in June.)

I am ready to book our cruise on the Grandeur for April 27. I have cruised a few times but never on Royal Caribbean.

I have a few questions about the ship. Is there a self laundry on board? No. There are no self laundries on any Royal Caribbean ships. We are driving to Baltimore and plan on spending a few extra days on end of the trip or the other. Also, for a 10 day cruise, how many formal nights or special nights? 2 formal nights.

It has a been a few years since our last cruise....have the dining room rules changed for clothing? Not really. They've eliminated smart casual dinners, so any night that isn't formal is casual. The meaning's still largely the same - no shorts/swimsuits, etc.

thanks for all your information...I am really looking forward to this cruise. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary early with this cruise. (we normally spend our anniversary in Aruba in June.)

Answered above, in red.

For Grandeur, they ABSOLUTELY do enforce the no shorts/tank tops in the MDR during dinner. When I was aboard last May, it was allowed on the first night (since not all luggage may have been delivered by dinner time), but on all subsequent nights, people were turned away.

In terms of formal night itself, they're not overly strict. I saw people there wearing slacks and a button down shirt. I personally went with trousers, nice dress shirt, tie, and dress jacket.

You'll have an absolute blast aboard the ship. If you're doing a celebration, be sure to check out one of the specialty restaurants. Our entire family loved Chops!

I'm confused. Does one buy Cokes on the Grandeur of the seas via a machine? Do you put in cash? Don't you just order a coke and they bring it and charge 15 % ? Please advise!

You can order a soda... But they also have the freestyle Coke machines where if you have the soda package or other drink packages that include a special soda cup that has a chip in it to activate the freestyle Coke machines....

We purchased a drink package that included soda and found the machines to be very convenient. It was fun to mix some of the flavored soft drinks.

Grandeur is one of our favorite ships. Looking forward to our third cruise on Grandeur next spring. :cool: