Smallest suite with bathtub

bubbadogmom

I have no issue with a regular bathtub...jeez....the forks, glasses, sofas, etc...have ALL been touched by others! Germaphobe much?

However, a jetted tub has gunk from past bathers in the pipes. If it was MY gunk...no big deal....but I'm not a fan of basically public jetted tubs!

If you have a jetted tub take some dishwasher tablets with you and run them through the bath with the jets on, cleans them all a treat.

If you have a jetted tub take some dishwasher tablets with you and run them through the bath with the jets on, cleans them all a treat.

Can also ask butler for sanitizing tablets, and they will happily run the clean cycle for you during the day.

What about cutlery... it's been in someones MOUTH!!! Is it really clean? :eek::eek::p:cool:

What about the toilet did they just slip the paper seal over it without disinfecting it? And if the sheets could only talk...Oy what a tail they could tell. Pun intended.

Edited by Iamcruzin

You are kidding, right? Put my bathtub in a dishwasher and I'll use it Athlete's foot is bad enough, but there are worse things

When we were first married my wife and I went to one of those resorts in the Poconos that have the heart shape tub. You should have seen the expression on her face when I pulled out a bottle of bleach filled the tub and ran the whirlpool. She said, "I'm sure they cleaned it". Well when she saw what came out of the jets she no longer wanted to use the tub. So I completely understand where you are coming from.

Hope it didn't spoil your vacation :) Remember the hidden cameras in hotel rooms, filming what maids really do in bathrooms. My flight attendant friends say they spread hand towels on bathroom counters to keep their toiletries off the surface. People who travel for a living apparently have lots of little tricks to stay healthy. You'll love this one: taking the plastic cover off the glass and putting it on the TV remote control. I'd love to tell you why, but it would be deleted in about 2 nanoseconds.

Edited by BosoxI

However, a jetted tub has gunk from past bathers in the pipes. If it was MY gunk...no big deal....but I'm not a fan of basically public jetted tubs!

I agree with this. I started a bath in a RS on the Millennium, turned on the jets, and a thick nasty orange goo (sorry, lacking a better word) shot out and into the tub. It turned the water a nasty orange and left a slimey residue on the tub. :eek: Thankfully, I had not gotten into the tub or that would have been on me too..

Here's the master bath spa tub in the PH on the Constellation. There's a huge walk-in shower just to the left of the tub. That thing on the left is a towel warming rack. Has its' own TV. I should have turned on the lights before taking this photo...

PH_6147.jpg.8d6803b3b9076e65fb079ac50472f72f.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Yes that penthouse would be amazing. I had the chance to see it a couple years ago. Jetted tubs both inside and on the deck. I'd be in heaven!!

But - there's no way I could ever afford it.

Unless I win the lottery ;).

Hope it didn't spoil your vacation :) Remember the hidden cameras in hotel rooms, filming what maids really do in bathrooms. My flight attendant friends say they spread hand towels on bathroom counters to keep their toiletries off the surface. People who travel for a living apparently have lots of little tricks to stay healthy. You'll love this one: taking the plastic cover off the glass and putting it on the TV remote control. I'd love to tell you why, but it would be deleted in about 2 nanoseconds.

I travel for a living, well basically, on the road more than 200 days, flown close to 50k miles (not a lot compared to some, but I have more than 150 hotel nights in ONE brand.

I never do anything. It's not worth my time. I don't get sick, maybe I have a built up immunity.

Oh, and the jetted tubs I've stayed in on Celebrity have a cleaning mode. Some run it automatically after you're done.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I travel for a living, well basically, on the road more than 200 days, flown close to 50k miles (not a lot compared to some, but I have more than 150 hotel nights in ONE brand.

I never do anything. It's not worth my time. I don't get sick, maybe I have a built up immunity.

I'm the same, Even my travels to Egypt and China, the only thing I really do is not eat local uncooked vegetables (also means avoiding salads), and I insist in drinking sealed bottles of water. I don't use Purell or even wash hands excessively (I DO however use the Puerile when offer on the ship, as a courtesy to all PAX on the ship). My doctor gave me a 5 tablet prescription for Cipro in case I get a bug, but in 5 years, so far have only given a colleague one of those tablets.

I firmly believe in avoiding the overdoing of antibiotics and bactericides and such, and being exposed to bugs to gain immunity. I mean the 1st 30 years of my life no one ever heard of Purell, yet we are all still alive.