What's the Reasoning?

tuxjamie

For sure, FOR SURE.:D

Not blaming the OP, or implying anything, but my guess is that there was some visual evidence that was misinterpreted as wrong doing.

I just read the fine print and Carnival DOES reserve the right to search or inspect, #9 under their ticket contract.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

HOWEVER, it is at embarkation or during the cruise and nowhere does it say anything about searching at the end of the cruise.

Not necessarily... section 4(f) All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions.

Bold is mine. We all agree to this when we agree to the contract. Just saying.

I just read the fine print and Carnival DOES reserve the right to search or inspect, #9 under their ticket contract.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

HOWEVER, it is at embarkation or during the cruise and nowhere does it say anything about searching at the end of the cruise.

Not necessarily... section 4(f) All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions.

Guess I read TOO quickly.:o:D

Edited by iheartbda

Pyrate13: Not necessarily... section 4(f) All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions.

Perhaps, but not in the context as first described by the OP. After disembarking the ship at the end of the cruise, Carnival has no right to search your belongings without cause. You're no longer a passenger. Now, the OP seems to be changing who they thought searched them and is leaning more toward Customs...at least, I think...they haven't flat out said it.

I thought it was the ship personnel. They were in a white uniform. Looked just like someone working on the ship. Never was told who did the search. I really thought it was ship personnel. Sorry if any confusion.

No worries. It was 5 years ago, so its perfectly reasonable to not remember details. Customs (CBP) wears dark blue, so that's why it's tough to say for sure what happened.