Tour Guide/ Driver

TMW67

We are planning our itinerary & would really like to visit Bottom Bay & then animal flowers cave while in port from 10-6 & if time allows, do some snorkeling with turtles. Anyone have any recommendations for a tour/driver that would accommodate this?

Dearest TMW67, look at a map please. You are talking about two different Ends of Barbados. I would say, that your plans are near to impossible for a one day visit. Bottom Bay is not to be combined with Turtle snorkeling. Turtle snorkeling in Holetown, and then maybe up to North Point MIGHT be ok, but even Barbados has traffic jams and you might run the risk of missing your ship.

Thanks for the reply, but I wouldn't have asked if I thought it wouldn't be "doable". According to Google maps I typed in the locations: from cruise port to Bottom Bay & it was 45 min. & from there to Animal Flower Cave was 1 hr. & then from there back to the cruise port was 45 min. so I thought I'd have a chance to see them both. Apparently Google maps is wrong.:confused:

We booked a driver through Carson Moore and had a great experience. The rate worked out to about $30 an hour for us. The driver, Coleridge, took us everywhere we wanted. He was informative and personable without being intrusive.

We could have found a driver from those waiting outside the terminal but Carson's service had good reviews. Right after we got in the car, Carson called the driver to make sure he'd picked us up and then asked to speak to me to verify this. I would go with him again even at a slightly higher rate.

Thanks for the reply, but I wouldn't have asked if I thought it wouldn't be "doable". According to Google maps I typed in the locations: from cruise port to Bottom Bay & it was 45 min. & from there to Animal Flower Cave was 1 hr. & then from there back to the cruise port was 45 min. so I thought I'd have a chance to see them both. Apparently Google maps is wrong.:confused:

We were just on Liberty this past September and in Barbados from 8-5. I believe what you want to do is "doable". We wanted to see Bathsheba, also on Barbados' east coast but also wanted beach/swim with turtles but always thought it would be impossible. Through a review of another CC member, in which they did both (beach/swim with turtles and sights on the east coast), they let me know it IS "doable". They used a private taxi company and passed along the information. If you're interested, we used JP's Taxi Service and our main contact, and driver for the day, was Patsie Nurse. We spent a couple hours at Payne's Bay beach for swimming with turtles and she came back at noon to pick us up for our tour of the east coast and Bathsheba, having us back at the ship in plenty of time. We had a great day with her and saw so much.

If you'd like her contact information, I'd be happy to pass it along.

YES, PLEASE pghsteelerfan, I would love the contact info!! Thanks! Your info. was very helpful! :D

I'm happy to share. Her name is Patsie Nurse and she's with (owns?) JP's Taxi Service. She came highly recommended. Her email is Patsietaxi@hotmail.com. Her cell phone numbers are: 246-264-7413 OR 264-571-8291. I just used her email address and she was very good at responding quickly and answered any questions I had before deciding to book. Let her know that Holly & Dave recommended her and we're the ones that CC's Dirkgun recommended. She remembers him and his family.

I'm actually working on a review on the "Carnival" boards of CC and just finished up the first half our our day with Patsie, the swimming with the turtles/shipwreck portion. I'll be starting back up with the east coast/Bathsheba tour. But she can set up a tour for what you want to do.

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask if you need any additional information.

Holly

I agree, that you can do the east coast, and at, for instance, Paynes Bay do some Swimming. But in your original Post, you wanted to do Bottom Bay and Animal Flower Cave. You have cut down your preferences quite a bit. I still am of the opinion, that the original sites together with Swimming with the turtles is not doable.