Where is the best balcony cabin on Brilliance of the Sea

Charlo

:confused: Hi, (I'm a french person so please excuse my poor english)

I booked a cruise for next year and I want to know if the cabin I booked will be at a «good place» on the ship.

• If this cabin will be «overhang (that conceals tenders)» I read that on the critic of this ship ; I'm not so sure that I understand what it means.
  • the difference between a balcony cabin on seventh deck, eighth deck or higher deck ;
  • and between a balcony cabin in the middle of the ship, in front of the ship or at the end of the ship ;
  • if there are some cabins more noisy (some deck, or near the elevator by example).

We cruised with Princess in 2001 and had a balcony cabin and we were so impressed by the view we had, that's why we took a balcony this time too but we are not sure that it will be so impressive this time.... Our cabin on the Brilliance is the 8066. The TA that I deal with doesn't know this ship.

If someone could help me I will appreciate it very much.

Thank You

Charlo

What is "best" depends on what you like. We think that any aft balcony cabin is the "best" (aft is the very back of the ship) because we like to look at the ship's wake. But it's a long walk to get there, and many people don't like it. We don't mind it at all.

If your cabin is at the front (bow) of the ship, it can be a bumpier ride than the middle or aft.

Midship cabins offer the advantage of being convenient, although on some ships the noise from the Centrum drifts up into the cabins (or so I've read, we haven't booked midship on Royal Caribbean).

Deck 10 cabins on Brilliance look like they might be dark because they are under the extended portions of Windjammer Café (the overhang). I don't think you would have that problem on Decks 7-9. 7 cabins may be low enough for the lifeboats to block your directly downward view, but we've never stayed there, so I don't know for certain.

I hope that helps a bit!

We were on Radiance last year. We were in 9594. It's a cabin on the bump but toward the back of the bump. The balcony was larger than most. The wind was blocked by the wall to the front side of the ship and we had a direct view down to the water. The balconies along the main body of the ship have this canopy blocking your view to the water. I think it was the 7th deck and this canopy was at floor level of your balcony.

Well that should be confusing enough for you. Look at the ship floor plans if you gan get a cabin with a larger balcony I think you'll be happier. The aft cabins were really nice too. But you've got a long walk bak to the elevators.

The Radiance Class Ships are great, you'll love them.

Middle of the Hump on the ship on Deck 8. It is an E2 cabin with a great view and a very private balcony. These cabins are opposite the elevators, behind a wall and are very quiet.

Click on below to see the location. Here are the deck plans for the Brilliance.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=BR&shipProfile=1065&sailDate=1051003&hasNavigation=false

I would also recommend cabins # 8594 or 8596. They are very comfortable for two people. The balcony gives great views to the front and back of the ship. As Alexis said they are quiet, private and located midship which is very convenient to everything. By the way, your English is very good--wish I could say the same for my French! Bon Voyage!!

• 2 weeks later...

:eek: I understand that aft cabin is a good choice. I understand that 8594 (middle ?) or 8596 (E1 I think ? more expensive ?) seems to be a good choice too. I went to see at deck plan to locate my cabin but that doesn't show me if I'll have a direct view down to the water or if I'll have a great view to the front and back, if the balcony will be dark because of the Windjammer extended portion.

If I called RCCL, would they tell me (also if I took a TA not with them) if the balcony has a good view ? First, I want a good view and a quiet cabin, I think this is what I like most. Also if we are mostly outside of our cabin, we have appreciated the time we were alone in our private balcony.

Thank you again folks.:cool:

We had aft balcony cabin 8592 on the Jewel of the Seas which is the exact layout of the Brilliance. It was the best balcony cabin we've ever had. The balcony is huge! It has 2 lounge chairs a table and 2 regular chairs. I would book it again in a second. I'm book in an aft on the Freedom next year, I can't wait!

Tonyajune, I think you have got the wrong number for your aft cabin. Cabin # 8592 is on the "hump" (midship)

To the OP, 8594 and 8596 look directly down to the water and the balcony is not dark, you can see fore and aft and both of these cabins are E2 and should be the same price.

You have got the same cabin as I will have on our Brilliance of the Seas Med. Cruise on 9/20/06. I booked room #8066 on purpose. It is centrally located; the balcony is much bigger than D1's or other E1's or E2's; I am not a lover of aft cabins due to their location. I am one of those that does not like the long walks, the possible vibration and noises of any kind. I also would rather have a view of the side so that I can see the scenery much better. So needless to say, I think your choice of cabin is a great one!!

Pooh

Charlo,

I have studied the deck plans, pictures, and also looked at the model while on the Navigator a few weeks ago. I just booked Serenade which is a sister ship with the same deck plans. I chose 7600. In answer to your last questions, you will be able to see to the front of the ship and back to the bump (or hump as some call it). The bump is the area where cabin 7600 is located that sticks out farther than the rest of the cabins. In regard to the ledge that extends out over the lifeboats; this ledge is at the same level as the floor of deck 7 and extends out past the balconies the width of the lifeboats in order to cover the lifeboats. This ledge runs from approximately cabins 7048 to 7090 and also on the starboard side. There is also a lifeboat cover ledge from 7108 to the back of the ship. You are one deck above this area so the impact will be minimized somewhat, and you will certainly have a better view down than on deck 7. Cabins 7014 through 7046 and their starboard side counterparts as well as 7594 through 7608, (and the bump cabins on the higher decks above 7594 through 7608) have the best views staight down to the water and the two center cabins on the bump are the only cabins that have views both forward and aft. Hope this helps.

Cindy

If a understand, you will be on Med Cruise with the Brilliance on 9/20/06 ?

Charlo

You have got the same cabin as I will have on our Brilliance of the Seas Med. Cruise on 9/20/06. I booked room #8066 on purpose. It is centrally located; the balcony is much bigger than D1's or other E1's or E2's; I am not a lover of aft cabins due to their location. I am one of those that does not like the long walks, the possible vibration and noises of any kind. I also would rather have a view of the side so that I can see the scenery much better. So needless to say, I think your choice of cabin is a great one!!

Pooh

Archived