Civitavecchia hotels and a debark question

jillyj

After an amazing Venice - Kusadasi - Venice on The Constellation we are total converts( having mostly experienced NCL before) so are now planning on Reflection Italy and Eastern Med next summer. Are any of the Civitavecchia area hotels right on a beach you can swim from, as seems a waste of a day to arrive the night before only in time to eat a pizza and go to bed? Also would we make an 11.45 flight back to London or would that be crazy. Thanks all. Anyone with any Eastern Med or Constellation queries just ask as we had the best time and would love to share.

Great choice!! We are doing the Reflection departing on August 8th next summer. Although we decided to stay in Rome for a few days prior and travel on departure date so I won't comment on any hotels in the Port Area. I have done research on departure time. We fly out on the same day at 11:20 am back to Canada. I have been reassured that we will have no issues with the timing. I have already booked our transfers with Romeinlimo, picking us up at 7:30 at the port. We will prob have to do a walk off, but well worth it to have the peace of mind of getting out early enough.

After an amazing Venice - Kusadasi - Venice on The Constellation we are total converts( having mostly experienced NCL before) so are now planning on Reflection Italy and Eastern Med next summer. Are any of the Civitavecchia area hotels right on a beach you can swim from, as seems a waste of a day to arrive the night before only in time to eat a pizza and go to bed? Also would we make an 11.45 flight back to London or would that be crazy. Thanks all. Anyone with any Eastern Med or Constellation queries just ask as we had the best time and would love to share.

We stayed at a nice little place in Civi....flew all night from the states....had a very early checkin a fabulous nap and strolled around civi. Had a wonderful meal. This was one of our favorite days ...very relaxing. There are plenty of things to do for a half day near civi. Check tripadvisor for options.

All of the hotels on the main street are right across from the beach.

We stayed at Hotel San Giorgio and it was quite lovely. If it wasn't for the fact that there is so much that is only in Italy that I want to see, it would be a lovely spot for a vacation on it's own.

We didn't eat at the hotel, although I've heard the restaurant is very good, but wandered down the wide sidewalks along the beachfront until we decided on a patio for dinner. Honestly it didn't look like there were many poor choices, the view, decent food and plentiful wine made for a great pre-cruise night.

I was up early and walked the beach for a while before heading for the ship. Despite the fact that it's a shipping port it's a very nice area, particularly if you look left instead of right :)

Edited by Moonlitherial

We stayed a night in the hotel Miramare in Civitavecchia in June 2014 after a pre cruise stay in Venice and before embarking on the Silhouette for our second family Eastern Med cruise. We found Civi to be just meh...did the trick for our needs but I wouldn't rush to go back there. And we weren't impressed by the beach as the one near the Miramare seemed to be populated by teens congregating and smoking. Maybe if we had stayed at the San Georgio we might have felt differently.

Loved cruising the Eastern Med!

Great choice!! We are doing the Reflection departing on August 8th next summer. Although we decided to stay in Rome for a few days prior and travel on departure date so I won't comment on any hotels in the Port Area. I have done research on departure time. We fly out on the same day at 11:20 am back to Canada. I have been reassured that we will have no issues with the timing. I have already booked our transfers with Romeinlimo, picking us up at 7:30 at the port. We will prob have to do a walk off, but well worth it to have the peace of mind of getting out early enough.

We as well did an 11:40 flight back to Canada this past June and no issues.

We used Rome in Limo as well and they were superb.

We did nt even use self assist but we're in the first zone to disembark.

It was about a 45 minute drive from the port to the airport.

We stayed at the San Giorgio and in Hotel de la Ville. Both were fine and ideally located. We can recommend both in the order above.

If you click on the link to our Holy Land and Eastern Med reviews in my signature, you will find information and pictures of both hotels.

Thank you for friendly helpful advice and to Miaminice for great reviews/pics. Civitavecchia looks fun, though I wonder if there is a town beach to walk to for swimming. Though it's so close to the port may be not? Deposit now paid! Must now determine not to start wishing the months away!