Bringing a case of water onboard?

skyhawk352

I don't believe there are any issues with doing so, but would you recommend carrying it on or putting a luggage tag on it and putting it with checked baggage. What's the likelyhood of it not showing up? Seems quite easy to misplace. Or should I throw it into an extra suitcase and check that in?

You could put a luggage tag on it. On my first QM2 cruise I put tags on a couple of 12-packs of Coke. They made it to the room but not before falling off a trolley and puncturing a couple of cans. :( But that's unusual in my experience. It's probably easier to put a tag on it than to carry it around.

I'm sure someone else will point out that the ship's water is fine.

I'm sure the water is fine, but the bottles are more of a convenience for me. I don't drink regular OJ in the morning, I usually drink powdered crystal light orange juice version. Having the bottles just makes it easier to mix, that's all.

It is easy to refill your own bottle at the drink stations. Take a refillable bottle and save the plastic waste that has to be processed and stored on board. I always travel with a stainless steel insulated bottle!

I don't believe there are any issues with doing so, but would you recommend carrying it on or putting a luggage tag on it and putting it with checked baggage. What's the likelyhood of it not showing up? Seems quite easy to misplace. Or should I throw it into an extra suitcase and check that in?

Why-ho-why-oh-why would you want to do this? The water on board is perfectly fine. The water in the UK is perfectly fine. IMHO you are making your life way too complicated. OMG!

I read somewhere that we should always take something from home when we travel. A teddy bear would certainly be easier than a crate of water and water has never been a problem for me.

The food from my kitchen, now that's what I'd really like to take. Still working on that one.

David.

Edited by balf

i have not brought my own on board but carry on or in your luggage will work. I have seen 4 cases :eek: of coke being hand carted in:rolleyes: of [must be their private stock:rolleyes:].bottled water is in your fridge and replenished every day.if you feel the need :D we have our expert here on bringing 55 gallon drums of cheap wine on board to save a buck......and i aint kiddin :(

i have not brought my own on board but carry on or in your luggage will work. I have seen 4 cases :eek: of coke being hand carted in:rolleyes: of [must be their private stock:rolleyes:].bottled water is in your fridge and replenished every day.if you feel the need :D we have our expert here on bringing 55 gallon drums of cheap wine on board to save a buck......and i aint kiddin :(

When I was last onboard QM2 in Britannia Category, there was a large bottle of water in the fridge. I believe the brand on the label was CUNARD. I don't remember if it was mineral water or not, nor do I remember where the water comes from - I only remember that I didn't care for the taste the one time I tried it.

In Britannia category, there is a charge for the CUNARD water found in the fridge, but no charge in Britannia Club and above categories. Whether or not there is a charge does not change the fact that I prefer a certain brand of bottled water which I take on board - if that warrants hyperbole, go ahead and amuse yourself :)

Salacia