Mani/Pedi in Fort Lauderdale.

cocod08

I am thinking I may have to get my pre-cruise mani/pedi when I arrive in Fort Lauderdale instead of at my favorite salon at home. :( My favorite manicurist is off the day before Thanksgiving and I have to work the day after and still get the cat to the boarder as well. And I fly out that Saturday morning for my Sunday cruise departure. Has anyone had a mani/pedi in the Ft. Lauderdale area before? I will have a car to get around when I am there so that isn't an issue just hoping to get a couple of recommendations. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you where NOT to go! Don't remember the name, but it was next to the Total Wine on 17th near the Embassy Suites. My sis and her friend were getting a massage the day before our cruise, so I decided to head in there for a manicure while I was waiting on them. Within two days almost all of the polish peeled off. Unfortunately I was on the ship, so I couldn't go back and have it re-done.

The day before my mani, my sis and her friend had manis done at Lynn Nails on Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd, near the Courtyard on the Beach hotel where we were staying. The mani was nothing to write home about (at least their polish held up!), but I had to leave the store because the fumes were awful! They really need a new ventilation or HVAC system in that place!

I can tell you where NOT to go! Don't remember the name, but it was next to the Total Wine on 17th near the Embassy Suites. My sis and her friend were getting a massage the day before our cruise, so I decided to head in there for a manicure while I was waiting on them. Within two days almost all of the polish peeled off. Unfortunately I was on the ship, so I couldn't go back and have it re-done.

The day before my mani, my sis and her friend had manis done at Lynn Nails on Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd, near the Courtyard on the Beach hotel where we were staying. The mani was nothing to write home about (at least their polish held up!), but I had to leave the store because the fumes were awful! They really need a new ventilation or HVAC system in that place!

Sorry you had the problem but this is the place we always go to befor our cruises and have always been happy.

I would go to a salon in one of the better hotels in FLL or wait until on the ship.

Oops, after I posted, I saw you had worked it out OP.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by sail7seas