Formal Nights on Eurodam

serendipity1499

We'll be boarding Eurodam next week Nov. 15 for a 14 day.. Our docs state four formal nights..

This is the itinerary & I'm guessing what nights are formal.. We already have a Pinnacle & one Tamarind Res...Want to make more.. Wish one of the formal was Thanksgiving, but guess that's not so, because many other Psgrs will not be celebrating Thnksgiving with us..

Does anyone know for sure?

Nov 15th Leave

" 16th At sea (Formal ?)

" 17th Grand Turk

" 18th San Juan

" 19th St. Martin

" 20th At sea (Formal ?)

" 21st HMC

" 22nd Ft. Lauderdale

" 23rd HMC

" 24th At sea (Formal ?)

" 25th Falmouth

" 26th Georgetown (Thanksgiving)

" 27th At sea (Formal ?)

" 28th Key West

" 29th Home

Edited by serendipity1499

Yes, you have it correct based on my October 18 to November 1st cruise.

Even though our boarding passes that I printed out had us listed for 3 Gala nights -- there were 4.

Cruz Chic has them right.

Great... Thank you..

Now I can plan my clothes..

DH is simple, He wears his suit..

Thank you! Today watched the Ship leave Port Everglades & became excited..

It's time to start to get our clothes ready..:):)

luggage :-) We had exchanged some fun posts a few months back regarding how many pair's of shoes we MUST have on a cruise. We are boarding on the 22nd half way through your cruise. Sailing for 15 nights - you KNOW I'll need several pair's of shoes :o

After watching sail away today I started pulling out some things to begin the task of packing.

Edited by hugger

luggage :-) We had exchanged some fun posts a few months back regarding how many pair's of shoes we MUST have on a cruise. We are boarding on the 22nd half way through your cruise. Sailing for 15 nights - you KNOW I'll need several pair's of shoes :o

After watching sail away today I started pulling out some things to begin the task of packing.

How could I ever forget my shoes.. My Friends DH told me I could only take 4 pairs of shoes.. That's a laugh! Never make it for two weeks with only 4 pairs..:eek:

BTW Hugger.. I believe we met on board another cruise.. But can't remember when..:)

Betty

Reading a "Live" thread this morning -- your formal nights may be different as their itinerary has been changed since we were on the Eurodam.

Thanks KK we'll wait till we board to make the additional Tamarind & Pinnacle reservations ..

Good morning & Happy cruising Everyone..It's 80 degrees at 9:a.m. today.. May have to leave our air on, when we leave Sunday..:).

I think the formal nights will be the same.

It's snowing here today :(.

Given the itinerary, I think that the sea days are an easy call for formal nights.

Snow? Sheesh.

You know what! As much as I enjoy living in SW Fla, I can't wait for it to cool down & I really miss the snow, especially at Christmas.. Used to love to go out & join the kids building a snowman & having a snowball fight then coming in the house & getting warm in front of the fire..

But don't miss the shoveling & certainly don't miss driving the 25 miles to work in it..

I know it's dumb, but can't help it..

Attached Pictures of Son, DH & me enjoying the snow with our two dogs in 1978..We lived on a canal, 3 blocks from the beach ..Normally there was less snow than inland...That year we had about 3 ft. from one storm.

780120.jpg.bc28099169a49a989452ba3260f1ca50.jpg

Betty did you buy any chance do the Collector's Cruise on the Eurodam in the beginning of November last year (2014)?

As I was thinking we'd met onboard before as well.

No WAY could you only take 4 pair of shoes on even a 1 week cruise let alone 2!

Maybe you and your friend's wife should play a bit of a trick on him. Exchange his shoes for yours in his luggage tee hee

Edited by hugger

Betty did you buy any chance do the Collector's Cruise on the Eurodam in the beginning of November last year (2014)?

Maybe you and your friend's wife should play a bit of a trick on him. Exchange his shoes for yours in his luggage tee hee

No this is our first time on Eurodam..Only time I could think of was perhaps on the Prinsendam with us in 2006 to the Carib. & Amazon.. That was when one of the Gals from CC had to have her Mom in the Hospital in Manaus?

Love your idea about my Friends DH's shoes, but my Friend will not go for that.. She probably will only take 4 pairs of shoes..LOL:D:D:D

You know what! As much as I enjoy living in SW Fla, I can't wait for it to cool down & I really miss the snow, especially at Christmas.. Used to love to go out & join the kids building a snowman & having a snowball fight then coming in the house & getting warm in front of the fire..

But don't miss the shoveling & certainly don't miss driving the 25 miles to work in it..

Attached Pictures of Son, DH & me enjoying the snow with our two dogs in 1978..We lived on a canal, 3 blocks from the beach ..Normally there was less snow than inland...That year we had about 3 ft. from one storm.

It's not just you. We miss the cold too. I remember taking the dogs out on a bright, sunny morning - breathing in - and having my nostrils freeze shut.

Ahh, memories. :)

I do get missing the cold. It was so hot on my cruise that my legs and feet were swollen so bad. On top of that the back of my legs were so covered in heat rash it was gross. I couldn't wait to be the cold to get rid of it. It's all cleared up now. I don't think I could live in the heat but cold and snow wear you out too.

I have yet to have the opportunity of sailing to S America.

We have yet to meet I guess. By the sounds of it your 2nd week and our 1st week on the Eurodam this year will be the first time we sail together.

I will watch for the lady wearing different shoes each time I see her ;)

I have yet to have the opportunity of sailing to S America.

We have yet to meet I guess. By the sounds of it your 2nd week and our 1st week on the Eurodam this year will be the first time we sail together.

I will watch for the lady wearing different shoes each time I see her ;)

LOL..BTW we live in Cape Coral which is south of you..

There will be eight of us the first week & only four the second week..1'st week we are celebrating our Good Friends 60th Anniv.. Their Kids & another neighbor will be with us..Second week, just the four of us..

So Happy to hear that a few others miss the cold a wee bit too..Most of my friends think I'm nuts../SIZE]

Think I've figured it out how & where we met or operhaps nly talked on Cruise Critic.. It's been driving me nuts!

Did you board the Noordam on Dec 7, 2012?, to the Southern Carib.? If not we may have just talked on Cruise Critic..

DH & I did a back to back on the Noordam in 2012..We boarded Nov. 26 & it returned to Fort Lauderdale Dec. 7..Then we left on Dec 7 & finally

disembarked in Fort Lauderdale on Dec 16..

We may have complained about our upcoming Prinsendam cruise to Antarctica on line..I only had three days to unpack & then get four bags pre-packed again to be picked up by HAL on Dec 18 or 19 for our 68 day cruise in January, 2013..

We were both on-line with oofroggie about the Cruise Connx Bus..You suggested she book a Budget car, but it looked like she does very little driving..:D

How in the world did you figure it out!!! Yes, we were on the Noordam Dec 7th 2012 with 2 other couples.

I am trying to place meeting you - you have a much better memory than I do that is for sure! Count me impressed!

Did we maybe go on the tour in Bonaire together? I remember meeting CC people on the tour - I went alone as my DH and the rest of our group were biking around the island. I wanted to KNOW what I was seeing the first time there :)

And, yes I most likely suggested to someone that they do a rental from Budget as opposed to the Cruise Connection Bus. It's so much more convenient and less expensive.

I am in AWE that you figured it out!

If I remember correctly I don't think we made any of the CC Meet up's on that cruise as we were traveling with the other couples. And, they had planned thing's out for us to do etc.

Edited by hugger

Hey Betty, enjoy EUDM and don't forget to have at least one dinner in the Tamarind :)

Thanks John..

Already have one Tamarind Reservation & a Pinnacle Res. for the first week as we're celebrating our Friends 60th Anniv...Eight of us this week..

The second week just four of us & we plan to make another Res & another Pinnacle Res for the second week when we board.. We enjoyed the Tamarind on the NA in 2012..

Thanks again..

Betty