Vantage Amazon Discovery/ Machu Picchu

deec

Slow to answer since we are in Mexico presently. List of pax during our initial greet and meet.

We did our own air. But a vantage rep was with us in airport for return flight from Lima after flight from lake titicaca extension.

A document package was mailed with itinerary /internal flights/gratuity info.

Name tags and luggage tags that we already have been told will no longer be included. I personally liked the names to help me remember.

you will have a great time!!!

glad you did not postpone.

Do you know who your trip director is yet?

I am anxious to hear if you see more while on the Amazon because of the high water. You will probably wear the provided boots because it will be wet and muddy but make sure to take socks that can be pulled over the bottom of your pants.

Not sure if I shared that while in Machu Picchu make sure to cover up in case the bugs are bad when you are there. Light colored clothes seemed to be better.

We just received an nitro ductwork email from our PD this morning. His name is Enrique. Is that who you had?

We had a gentleman named Washington.

He knew so much about Peru and its culture.

The ship's naturalists were great.

Jesus who had been washington's assistant was our leader for lake titicaca ...he did very well too with some itinerary changes.

Oh, what auto correct did to my post :eek:.

Dee, how often did you have to carry your passport with you?

I thought "nitro ductwork" was the new technique for eradicating norovirus from the ship ventilation systems :D

We never needed to carry passports with us. We did need them when checking into each hotel. If you take them with you to machu pichu you can stamp your passport.

Dee, since WiFi is not available on the riverboat, were there any day trips into any of the towns where one could find WiFi? If so, I will plan on taking my iPad with me, otherwise I will leave it.

Did you have WiFi in any of your hotel rooms or did you have to go to the lobby/business center to get connected?

One more week :D.

We did have wifi in the hotel rooms

While on the ship the excursions were remote

I am anxious to compare your spring trip with our fall trip

• 1 month later...
we are taking this trip in April and we are excited. I do have a few questions: Can you tell me which train you took to Machu Picchu? Was it comfortable? How was the bus ride to Puno? they only make one stop? Is the bus comfortable? Thanks for your great review, it is appreciated!

It is nice to find someone else going on the April trip. We are looking forward to it and appreciate the reviews. After reading the reviews most of my questions were answered. I was concerned about the long ride to Puno as well.

We only saw the sloths from quite a distance except for the pet in one of the villages that we were allowed to hold.....it was very cuddly! The monkeys were amazingly brazen with us too?