Ship time vs Port time

gizmo911

I think I might have a problem. I booked Flavors of San Juan (a private tour)for 3:30. Although Puerto Rico is part of the US, they don't participate in daylights savings and not sure this even matters.

Our ship, the Anthem is due to get into San Juan at 3:00 but is this the port time or is this the ship time and how do I determine if it will be the same or perhaps later?

Edited by gizmo911

When you say Puerto Rico does not participate in DST... that is true. However when the U.S. is observing DST, Puerto Rico (Atlantic Standard Time) and the Eastern Daylight Saving Time are the same time, so you won't have any issues.

When you say Puerto Rico does not participate in DST... that is true. However when the U.S. is observing DST, Puerto Rico (Atlantic Standard Time) and the Eastern Daylight Saving Time are the same time, so you won't have any issues.
Except in February Florida is on EST.

I assumed since the OP is referencing DST, his cruise is when we are observing DST. I didn't see any reference as to when he was cruising.
I saw that he was on the Feb 21 roll call.(for Athem of Seas) However upon further checking I see this cruise does not go to San Juan. Sorry I jumped to conclusions. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I saw that he was on the Feb 21 roll call.(for Athem of Seas) However upon further checking I see this cruise does not go to San Juan. Sorry I jumped to conclusions.

Had me scratching my head... what did I miss!!?? Good, mystery solved:)

Thanks for your responses. FYI, I will be on the 12 day Anthem cruise and we are scheduled to stop in Puerto Rico on February 25, 2016. I called ship and they said that they are due to be at this port at 3:00 which will be the same as PR (port) time. Flavors of San Juan is the excursion which begins at 3:30. They said that it takes about 15 minutes to get to location so I am going to have to try and be one of the first ones off ship when it docks at 3:00. Anyone been there and is it really that short of a distance from cruise terminal. I think that I will be cutting it close. :eek:

Edited by gizmo911