Issues with Cruise Next - Just an FYI

LrgPizza

While on board the Escape TA, I purchased a Cruise Next certificate and at the same time I booked a future cruise on the Epic. This morning I received an email from NCL that the cruise I have "on hold" will be canceled on 11/11/15 if I don't pay the deposit. I looked, and sure enough the certificate is sitting in my account, but wasn't used for the cruise that I booked while on board! I tried to apply the certificate to the deposit that needs to be made by tomorrow, but the system wouldn't let me, saying that the amount was less than the minimum required. I emailed my PCC and he told me no worries, he is taking care of it, and it will be applied today.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this, because it's not working as smoothly as I believe it's supposed to. Hopefully I won't have to change this cruise, because I'm not sure if it will show that I booked on board (even though I did), and I could lose my promos. Frustrating.

What promos do you get by booking onboard?

Whatever the current promo is, I believe. We took the UBP. However, in the event the promos end, we can cancel our cruise and rebook to a different one while protecting our promo since we booked on board. This isn't the case when booking in general.

What promos do you get by booking onboard?

how it was explained to me on 9/19 sailing of Getaway, you pick one of the perks they offer for booking on board, and you keep that perk regardless if current promo changes

You have ONE complimentary sail date change, WITH that particular promo you picked

IF you change your sail date more than once, you LOSE the promo you picked ON BOARD and get whatever promo is currently on NCL website.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

how it was explained to me on 9/19 sailing of Getaway, you pick one of the perks they offer for booking on board, and you keep that perk regardless if current promo changes

You have ONE complimentary sail date change, WITH that particular promo you picked

IF you change your sail date more than once, you LOSE the promo you picked ON BOARD and get whatever promo is currently on NCL website.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

That's my understanding, as well. I am doubtful it will work that way for me now, since they don't seem to realize that I booked and purchased this online at the same time. Still waiting for it to be corrected. Grrrr....

What cruise was the Cruise Next Certificate used for, like what is actually showing on our account? We actually got a receipt that showed the sail date before we disembarked on the Getaway, came in an envelope and on my account it shows the sailing we booked on board, so everything matches up

I booked one in 2017, and will change my saildate whenever the 1/16 saildate pricing is desirable

Had the exact same thing happen to me:

Got cruise next and booked the Epic '16 TA at the same time with the same person on board the Escape.

Cruise next was not applied to the booked cruise and the cruise was shown as on hold and deposit of USD 400 due until Nov 16.

My soon to be TA (he will take over the reservation from NCL) was able to sort this out by contacting NCL with my details.

Shows as expected now on MyNCL yet on the PDF confirmation it says payment applied BUT still deposit due blabla. I choose to ignore the PDF ;)

They don't seem to be able to fully use/apply this cruise next thing as advertised yet. Though as long as things can be sorted out, it's all good.

Regarding the "booked on ship proof" - I was wondering the same thing, the booking date shows that I was on Escape at this time though...

Edited by kalesco