Don't forget to check pre-booked reservations on Oasis/Allure

rakes5

I am currently on the Nov 8th sailing of the Allure. We have late dining (8:30)

I pre-reserved all of my entertainment. I booked the Aqua Show the first night @ 10:30, as I knew its the one show that can get cancelled due to weather/wind/waves.

At 1:00, when they opened up the rooms, I noticed on the Cruise Compass, that there wasn't an Aqua Show scheduled the first evening. I looked on the TV, and they had moved my reservation to the same time as the headliner show later in the cruise.

At 2:00, I want down to where they were booking reservations in Blaze. They were able to move Mamma Mia to the 8:00 show on the first night from 9:30 on the second night (both evening shows conflicted with dinner), and then book the 10:45 Aqua Show on the second night.

So for those who wonder about pre-booking vs. booking on board, at least for this trip, for these two shows, not a big deal.

Of course, last night (day 2), the Aqua Show was cancelled because of unsafe conditions, and they added two shows @ 5:15 one day and 7:30 another. Luckily, there is plenty to do, so we found a few fun things to keep us happy. Today is very windy, and unless it calms down, the Aqua Show may get cancelled again.

But… who cares… The weather has been great, except for a little windy. Very few clouds, and a great cruise so far.

Just wanted to remind people to check your reservations, (if that's important to you.) Your TV is a great place to check, and ENJOY your cruise.

I am currently on the Nov 8th sailing of the Allure. We have late dining (8:30)

So for those who wonder about pre-booking vs. booking on board, at least for this trip, for these two shows, not a big deal.

Thanks for that. I am thinking of booking Allure for next month and was wondering if I was going to be able to make any show reservations since it was so last minute. If I can't get anything set up beforehand I will just try once on board.

I have made all of my reservations on line then, when I arrived on-board, I checked the TV and had no reservations. Luckily, I was able to reserve everything again using the TV.

Make that one of your first checks when entering your room.

We are currently on the Oasis, and they did the same thing with everyone we talked to on this cruise. Royal sent us all emails with no content a couple weeks before the cruise, and we found that they had moved all the shows. The problem was, the times they moved you to conflicted with other booked shows. So it ended up that you had to choose which ones to miss.

The comedy show is one that needs to be booked ahead, unless you want to wait in a standby line in hopes of getting in.

Royal could have done a better job of arranging shows with these last minute changes. Or, at least they should have offered an explanation why they needed to change the times.

But we are still suffering through the beautiful weather:)

Yikes! I hope this doesn't happen with our New Years' cruise! We have the 9pm aqua theater show booked on the first night.

Glad you are having a good time. If you happen to have a moment to check compasses from the first full sea day (day 2- Monday), can you tell me what the character breakfast theme was. I know this is a silly thing, but I am hoping for Shrek characters, lol.

Yikes! I hope this doesn't happen with our New Years' cruise! We have the 9pm aqua theater show booked on the first night.

Glad you are having a good time. If you happen to have a moment to check compasses from the first full sea day (day 2- Monday), can you tell me what the character breakfast theme was. I know this is a silly thing, but I am hoping for Shrek characters, lol.

Sorry, it doesn't say. It just lists it in the Compass as Dreamworks Character Experience ($) at 7:45 a.m.

They did have a photo op with Shrek from 9:00 to 9:15 pm in Central Park on Day 2.

Enjoy

Thanks for the heads up as we board the Allure on the 29th. The last time we sailed Oasis (2013), we noticed that they had placed the wrong excursion tickets in our room. We were able to return those tickets to the right cabin so make sure you check those envelopes when you board, too.

Can you take pics of the menu(s) from 150 CP as well as Chefs Table if you get a chance?. Roy posted them during his Transatlantic but mentioned they might change for Caribbean Sailings.

Here is 150 CP. not sue where to get chefs table.

Two different menus, one Sun-Wed, other Thur-Sat

ImageUploadedByForums1447275353.168588.jpg.26506b2a98f5a5db4a6e16048ea9368b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1447275381.040858.jpg.14af2c82cefae0b85376a47d2b418231.jpg