Anyone on the Elation recently,

Yazoo cruiser

I can be vaguely of help, I was on the Halloween cruise. The cruise director was Benjamin. I don't take a huge amount of notice of the CD's, I liked him in that he wasn't over the top and the announcements seemed fewer and less intrusive than on other cruises.

We didn't attend any of the shows but I recall them being billed as rock, diva's and soul. We did the late dinner seating and I did like seeing that the late show was at 10.15, a show before dinner just seems wrong to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is my review of our Elation cruise back in August. Hopefully that's recent enough for you. Unfortunately, you won't see anything about lounge shows because it's not something that my wife and I really care about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2249146

Edited by stobe1

We were on the Elation the week before Halloween which was the five day to Cozumel and Progreso. Benjamin Lambert was the cruise director and we thought he was pretty good. Even though he hosted a very lame welcome aboard show, we thought that the main lounge shows were by far the best of any we have seen on Carnival.

In the order of our favorite and also the order in which they were performed on our cruise; Epic Rock, Divas and Heart of Soul. They used an ensemble cast of singers instead of a distinct male and female lead that we are used to on all of our past Carnival cruises. The shows were great even though there is no live orchestra.

I haven't been on the Elation yet (going February 6, though!) so I can't help with the lounge shows, but I can tell you who the Cruise Director is.

Now through 12/5 it's George Roberts.

11/28-through 1/9/16 is Paul Santley.

and 1/9/16 through June 2016 in Hennie Van Heerden.

I'm particularly happy to have Hennie again...he was the cruise director on our first cruise in June aboard the Dream. :)

• 8 months later...
We were on the Elation the week before Halloween which was the five day to Cozumel and Progreso. Benjamin Lambert was the cruise director and we thought he was pretty good. Even though he hosted a very lame welcome aboard show, we thought that the main lounge shows were by far the best of any we have seen on Carnival.

I can be vaguely of help, I was on the Halloween cruise. The cruise director was Benjamin. I don't take a huge amount of notice of the CD's, I liked him in that he wasn't over the top and the announcements seemed fewer and less intrusive than on other cruises.

I was recently on the Ecstacy, where Benjamin has taken over the helm as Cruise Dir. I can say that he did a great job (one of the best CD's in my opinion) and was very personal and friendly with the guests. I met him personally and got a chance to have some one-on-one conversations with him.