On the Escape!

Lily815

No - I don't think Margaritaville is open for breakfast! It's not listed on the daily as being open, so we didnt try. Supposedly this sailing is sold out. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. We have been sailing NCL exclusively since 2007, and this is a first. I hope it improves!

That stinks about Margaritaville! It was only open for breakfast 3 of the 10 days of our TA though. 2 of those 3 were when the weather was terrible, so that wasn't the reason.

I hope it improves for you. Hope you are enjoying everything else. Skip the MDR and fork out the money for Food Republic! You will not regret it.

That stinks about Margaritaville! It was only open for breakfast 3 of the 10 days of our TA though. 2 of those 3 were when the weather was terrible, so that wasn't the reason.

I hope it improves for you. Hope you are enjoying everything else. Skip the MDR and fork out the money for Food Republic! You will not regret it.

Oh we are having a blast! I dont let things like that get to me .

No - I don't think Margaritaville is open for breakfast! It's not listed on the daily as being open, so we didnt try. Supposedly this sailing is sold out. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. We have been sailing NCL exclusively since 2007, and this is a first. I hope it improves!

It opened for breakfast at least one day during the TA.

It takes a little while for the crew to work well as a team. While I'd like to be on one of the first cruises for the pure thrill, I wait a little for them to iron out the kinks. They're all trying to be the alpha right now. When they find out their not, it takes a while to establish a pecking order everybody is willing to live with.

I'm sure you won't let it get in the way of a good time though.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

It takes a little while for the crew to work well as a team. While I'd like to be on one of the first cruises for the pure thrill, I wait a little for them to iron out the kinks. They're all trying to be the alpha right now. When they find out their not, it takes a while to establish a pecking order everybody is willing to live with.

I'm sure you won't let it get in the way of a good time though.

That's true. I remember similar reviews on both the Getaway and the Epic. I just feel bad for the crew. They seem understaffed. Very understaffed.

I've talked to a number of crew members who don't want any part of opening a new ship. They know how tough it can be behind the scenes. So, you know it will effect service.

Just glad Bong likes new openings though. He always has a smile on face. Can't wait to see him in a December.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Have a mojito or three!!!

Wait . . . what ship are you talking about??

Escape. The captain announced speed trials.

A couple of months ago, the captain of the Sky gave us an hour-long tour of the bridge and talked to us about some fancy system to reduce drag on the escape. Not sure it is true.

Yes Escape. We were not crawling around 3:15. We were up a max cruise speed.

Back to a crawl now as we turn to Miami

Yup. On Marinetraffic, looks like y'all cranked it up for a bit there (22 knots and some change it looks like).

I'm not positive if there's a bubbler system onboard, though. I believe the Quantum of the Seas is the first cruise ship to try it out, though it could be added to the Escape later on if it proves to be a fuel savings game changer.

I corrected this post earlier in the thread. I had my numbers transposed - we were in 14268 not 14286. Again, sorry for all the confusion I caused. :o

Yes, I see that now. That's what I get for reading backwards! Thank you for answering me. I was able to snag an angled balcony for our cruise, thanks to your original tip!

I've talked to a number of crew members who don't want any part of opening a new ship. They know how tough it can be behind the scenes. So, you know it will effect service.

Just glad Bong likes new openings though. He always has a smile on face. Can't wait to see him in a December.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Have a mojito or three!!!

Bong is on the Escape!?!? HURRAY! He made our nights on the Getaway -- I drank more Mojitos than I should because of him. He also treated my daughter like gold even though she is too young to drink. Just LOVE him!!

OMG, this is getting interesting! LOL

Yeah,,,, even at top speed the ship was fairly smooth. Seas were calm with 1 ft waves, so the others obviously didn't notice and didn't hear the captains announcement. With a rumored bubbler system, we were looking for some evidence.

Yeah,,,, even at top speed the ship was fairly smooth. Seas were calm with 1 ft waves, so the others obviously didn't notice and didn't hear the captains announcement. With a rumored bubbler system, we were looking for some evidence.

Nice, we were in 25 ft waves last week, it was a bit crazy, though she still handled nicely