Which ship: Princess Coral, Island , or Star?

Loving My Life

Hi. I'm planning an Alaskan cruise for June 2017, which I know is not open for booking yet. However, I'd like to firm up plans now so I can book the cruise, rental car, hotels/cabins, excursions, etc as soon as they open for bookings. If the same itineraries and ships are offered in 2017 as this year and next, I'm leaning towards a Princess southbound itinerary so we can get to both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. It looks like Princess has Coral, Island, and Star doing the same itinerary, so I'm wondering if people have a preference between these ships and why. This will be our first cruise on Princess and we plan to do 7-9 days on land prior to the cruise. Thus, we're looking at mid-June so we can get into Denali National Park pre-cruise.

Thanks for your help! I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the months to come, especially as I plan the land portion of the trip. :)

Agreed. See above. Plan to spend Glacier Bay day on the secret front deck. You may have it all to yourself, at least for a time. We did. Love the wrap-around Promenade deck. We went on the Island, but much has changed, including no more wrap-around Promenade deck. Poor Island. The Coral is the Island's sister ship, and has so far escaped the hideous redo that befell the Island.

I agree with Glacier Bay as a priority....

Here's another thought.... which boat puts you best in Vancouver for the evening of July 1st? There is a fireworks show you might want to stick around for that evening when the cruise terminal is lit up.