Don't understand dynamic dining reservations

sblahars

Hello, Question regarding dynamic dining. I'm by no means new to cruising, this will be cruise #11 for me, #3 on Royal Caribbean. The only other time I've had non traditional dining is back on Norwegian about 8 years ago. What is confusing me is this dynamic dining reservations. I want to have the same dining time each night, and it looks like I can do that by making reservations. But what isn't clear is where and how to make these reservations. At first, it looked like I could do it before the cruise, but then I read elsewhere that it must be done on board. I tried to do so on my reservation online (booked with Royal Caribbean) but it won't let me. Is it possible it's too far away? Cruise is June 18th 2016, so a little over 7 months.

Thanks

First off, what ship are you cruising on? Dynamic Dining is only on the Quantum class ships (Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, and Ovation of the Seas). None of those have a departure date on June 18, 2016, so I think you may be confusing Dynamic Dining with My Time Dining.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

First off, what ship are you cruising on? Dynamic Dining is only on the Quantum class ships (Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, and Ovation of the Seas). None of those have a departure date on June 18, 2016, so I think you may be confusing Dynamic Dining with My Time Dining.

You are correct, didn't realize there was a difference. Oasis, June 18th. Same question, just replace Dynamic with My Time.

You are correct, didn't realize there was a difference. Oasis, June 18th. Same question, just replace Dynamic with My Time.

If you are not sailing until next June, it is probably too early to make online reservations for MTD. Try again when you get closer to the sailing date. Failing that you can reserve times once you board, or you can simply show up at the time you want, without reservations, and they will probably seat you pretty quickly.

You make dining reservations on line about 60 - 90 days prior to sailing. The show reservations should be available as well. It makes sense to chose shows first then fill in the dining. The system will prevent you from making conflicting times. Good luck

You can book traditional dining, if you want. Otherwise, you can make a reservation in the cruise planner under "dining". You're probably too early.