Added fees

Lulubelle45

Ive been on 4 cruises so not entirely a newbie, but have not sailed on a mega ship. (NCL Pearl the largest) i see there are many attractions such as waterslides, bumper cars, rock climbing, flight simulator etc. Do those things cost extra or are they included in the fare? If there is a charge, how much? The Pearl had rock climbing wall but due to the weather it wasnt open. I never did make it to the bowling alley and cant recall if there was a fee. Thanks.

Ive been on 4 cruises so not entirely a newbie, but have not sailed on a mega ship. (NCL Pearl the largest) i see there are many attractions such as waterslides, bumper cars, rock climbing, flight simulator etc. Do those things cost extra or are they included in the fare? If there is a charge, how much? The Pearl had rock climbing wall but due to the weather it wasnt open. I never did make it to the bowling alley and cant recall if there was a fee. Thanks.

The things you mentioned are included. Are you looking at the Harmony?

It depends on cruise line and ship. Bowling was an added charge when I was on NCL but still cheaper than on land. Everything else was included. Don't forget you are in charge of your budget. I have had lots of great cruises where I have spent between $60 - $400 . You don't have to buy the photos if they take them or go on every excursion the ship offers. You definitely don't have to eat in the pay extra restaurants. you do have to pay for your drinks and pay the service charge. But it is all up to you. I think the inexperienced cruiser is more likely to spend a lot of money because they think they have to.

You should ask this question on the forum for the ship you are interested in. In general waterslides are free (except on HAL, Celebrity and Princess), as is rock climbing (again, except on HAL, Celebrity and Princess). As to the rest, I don't know, I haven't done any of them.

I was looking at the New NCL ship

If you go to the NCL forum there are lots of posts about that new ship, the Escape. Many people posting there just finished cruising on the Escape. So that would be a good place to ask your question.

Here is the link to the NCL forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Edited by NMLady