Dawn vs breakaway for kids

megann831

We just took our 3 and 5 year old on the breakaway and they loved it, especially my 5 year old because she's tall enough to do everyrhing. I don't think mega ships are my thing though, I wasn't a fan of the entertainment. we traveled on the dawn years ago and are thinking of doing it as our next cruise to Bermuda.

Is there enough to keep my 5 year old busy, who now thinks cruising consists of multiple water slides, hours a day on a rope course, and Nickelodeon arts and crafts almost daily?

We just took our 3 and 5 year old on the breakaway and they loved it, especially my 5 year old because she's tall enough to do everyrhing. I don't think mega ships are my thing though, I wasn't a fan of the entertainment. we traveled on the dawn years ago and are thinking of doing it as our next cruise to Bermuda.

Is there enough to keep my 5 year old busy, who now thinks cruising consists of multiple water slides, hours a day on a rope course, and Nickelodeon arts and crafts almost daily?

We've done both but our kids are older. For kids that age the Dawn has the great kids pool area in the back. The main Dawn pool is probably too deep for them though.

Not sure when or where you are looking to go, but Dawn gets out of a drydock mid-June 2016.

That's a tough one. I believe the Dawn is heading into dry dock mid 2016. Are you planning before or after that? I thought I saw that the Gem got a new waterslide when it was in dry dock a couple weeks ago. The Dawn doesn't currently have a waterslide in the main pool area - maybe it'll get one?

The aft kiddie splash area was rather cute when we were on it a few years back.

We were on the BA in August with kids of all ages, and they all had a blast. We're heading out on the Escape with kids in January. We're then taking the Dawn without kids in November. We purposely picked the Dawn for the cruise without kids. After BA and Escape, I didn't want to hear "we're bored". To be fair, our kids are older than yours, and may have different expectations.