Charges on final bill

Lily815

Call who? The call center isn't going to have an answer. I sent an email. We'll see if I get a response.

Surely they would be able to put you in touch with someone who can explain your bill and if needed adjust it. I don't think email is the best route to go for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An email probably won't get results. You'll need to spend an hour or more on the phone to find out you probably owe the money. lol

Which I am not going to do LOL I know the charges are erroneous. Everything was pre-paid, and we had the UBP. Our final bill was tiny, and even though it's only $10.80, I'm not paying it.

Thanks for all of the comments. I only wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before. Amex will resolve the issue for me.

I had an equivalent charge onboard as as has been mentioned above it was the % grats on the supper club show. Eventually after trips to the box office it was removed as I'd prepaid including the grats. But it did appear as a separate line item saying show tickets..

They charged gratitude on prepaid shows they should not have done, they charged taxes on prepaid UBP they should not have done, ...

I see a pattern here

I would write to ServiceCharges@ncl.com, include your booking number, and ask about the charges. That would be the department I would think could give the best answer. Sorry, I do not have a phone number for that.

I really don't see why it would take an hour on the phone though; just call the main number and ask to speak to someone about charges on your bill.

Of course the standard response would be this should have been raised whilst onboard. I always check my final statement before leaving and during the cruise on the TV.

Yes - definitely the best way to dispute shipboard charges.

Which I am not going to do LOL I know the charges are erroneous. Everything was pre-paid, and we had the UBP. Our final bill was tiny, and even though it's only $10.80, I'm not paying it.

Thanks for all of the comments. I only wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before. Amex will resolve the issue for me.

Yep. That's why I travel exclusively on my Amex platinum. They will deal with it for me. It's part of my yearly service charge fee and to me, totally worth it.

The final amount posted to my Amex card this morning, minus the erroneous $10.80 charge ... so either they got my email and corrected it, or realized it was an error on the bill and removed it before it hit. Either way, the issue is resolved.

The final amount posted to my Amex card this morning, minus the erroneous $10.80 charge ... so either they got my email and corrected it, or realized it was an error on the bill and removed it before it hit. Either way, the issue is resolved.

Excellent news! Glad it is all worked out. [emoji106]

All this for about $11. I think there are more things in this world to worry about it. Glad it is resolved now. People flaming a company because they don't have all the facts. Mistakes happen all the time in every business.

All this for about $11. I think there are more things in this world to worry about it. Glad it is resolved now. People flaming a company because they don't have all the facts. Mistakes happen all the time in every business.
Exactly. The OP made it clear from the beginning that it wasn't a big deal, and she was merely curious about it.

Who was flaming? My post was merely a question to see if anyone else ever had this issue. I was not "worried" at any time.

But it's unknown how many times that charge was added to others but not noticed nor questioned about it?

Who was flaming? My post was merely a question to see if anyone else ever had this issue. I was not "worried" at any time.

I don't think the comment was directed but at ones that were actually flaming about the amount or the nature of the charge. Glad it got all worked out for you in the end.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I don't think the comment was directed but at ones that were actually flaming about the amount or the nature of the charge. Glad it got all worked out for you in the end.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Thnak you Maywell. I am too!

Again, you should be resolving this with NCL vs disputing it with the credit card company. You obviously are to stubborn or entitled to understand that so feel free to proceed as you see fit. Just understand that is not the normal way to handle these situations.

Of course the standard response would be this should have been raised whilst onboard. I always check my final statement before leaving and during the cruise on the TV.

I'm guessing the OP saw the charges and already had it in his head that they couldn't be bothered and would just dispute it with the credit company.

Well, I'm not even bothering to call NCL. I will just have Amex remove the charges as unauthorized. I was just wondering if anyone else had those charges and knew what they were.

If there's one thing I learned from cruising and traveling it's charge backs do not work when it comes to hotels and cruise lines. No matter if the charge is fraudulent or not it always ends up sticking.

Again, you should be resolving this with NCL vs disputing it with the credit card company. You obviously are to stubborn or entitled to understand that so feel free to proceed as you see fit. Just understand that is not the normal way to handle these situations.

This is very true. You should always go through the company that charged you before going to the credit card to have the charges removed. I have had charges reversed before when I was not satisfied with what the company told me and went through the credit card company to challenge the charges with documentation backing my claim.

Also you don't hear the flamers coming in here that bashed NCL without all the evidence saying that NCL did the right thing and reversed the charge. People and companies make mistakes and it is really up to you to look at your bill and question charges before leaving the ship. NCL won't know if a crew member made a mistake with a charge unless you bring it up.