St Kitt ...what would you recommend?

bcsurvivor05

If you want stunning pictures and a great view, added with some great history, Brimstone Hill Fortress is the place to go. If you're able to walk well that is. Because the steps to the highest point are VERY steep. The great thing about it is, there's plenty of little places you can go, which lay a little lower on the hill, but it gives you some thoughts how on earth this thing was constructed back in those days.

I've only been to St. Kitts once, but of the 3 things I've done, this was by far my favorite.

As for your dolphin swim, I'm 100% against these sort of activities, so no matter how cute and playful these wonderful creatures are, I won't visit it.

In St. Kitts, we went with Jim & Rose Taxi and Tour Services. We had Rose as our guide, and she was amazing! One of the best tours I've ever had! They took us all over the island, including to that Brimstone Fortress, and a nice beach with good snorkeling.

In regards to the dolphin swims, I think they are wonderful! I'm not sure if this is the best island to do one at, considering what a beautiful island this is to explore. But I love the dolphin swims. Dolphins are naturally very playful animals, and they enjoy interactions with people & other creatures, and most of these facilities use 100% rescue dolphins. In other words, if the facilities didn't take these dolphins in, they were going to quickly die in the wild. By supporting these facilities, you are helping to save the lives of more of these animals. I have talked with & received consistent reports from some of these facilities about all the wonderful things they do to help sealife. Maybe there are some bad apples in the bunch. I don't know anything about St Kitts' facility, but I wouldn't want to just assume they are one of the few bad ones.

Edited by k2excursion

• 2 weeks later...