Where to buy wine before boarding

batoryfirst

If you are sailing on Royal Caribbean, your ship will leave from the Pan American pier and there's a liquor store after you enter the check in building. I don't know how the selection is, however. I always put it securely wrapped in my suitcase and check my luggage on the plane.

While the store inside the Pan Am pier is convenient it definitely has a very small selection. If you are coming by taxi from the airport or hotel, ask them to stop at the grocery store. I believe most of the grocery stores sell wine (but confirm with the taxi driver). If you plan on going into OSJ, then I believe CVS sells wine. There also is a small grocery store near the Walgreens on Calle San Francisco (in OSJ) that has a decent selection.

There also is a small grocery store near the Walgreens on Calle San Francisco (in OSJ) that has a decent selection.

Yes, it is the SuperMax grocery store and it has a great collection of wines and Spirits with great prices.

When we were looking to buy a certain kind of Rum on our first visit to OSJ we asked a Police Officer where we could buy Rum. Initially he directed us to the big liquor store near the port (can't recall the name), but as we were walking away (and we were about 100 yards away at the time) he ran after us shouting "Senor, Senor, one moment!" We thought we did something illegal and were getting worried. When he got to us he said, "Do not go where I told you first, that is a rip-off, go to the SuperMax!" and he gave us directions.

I love OSJ!

Edited by K&RCurt