Pan American Pier

DZalumni

No, only things close by are the general aviation airport (just across the road) and some cargo/industrial lots and buildings. Nothing useful within walking distance.

There is however a liquor store inside the terminal that you can get wine from.

Edited by Demonyte

Does anyone know if there's wifi inside the terminal? If there's nothing within walking distance I would need some access before we sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't find wifi but I had no trouble having enough signal to do whatever I wanted to do.

I have to amend my answer above on wifi. On the way onto the ship I had no issues. Upon leaving and going into the luggage area, I had no service at all.

We have Verizon which doesn't have data coverage in PR without international access (voice and text work).

Sounds like I'll need to try and make some other plans.

We have Verizon which doesn't have data coverage in PR without international access (voice and text work).

Have AT&T. My sister has the same but on a Samsung Galaxy and had access to data. My iPhone 6 had nada.

What kinds of white wine do they have? Interested in Pouilly-Fuisse

Buy your wine in San Juan before you cruise, the shop in the terminal has a very poor selection of wines and prices were high. we are avid Wine drinkers and were not familiar with most of the brand labels.

No Pouilly-Fuisse.

Puerto Rico its not International call its a local call from any USA state as is the USVI

We have Verizon which doesn't have data coverage in PR without international access (voice and text work). ]

I'm planning for our trip in two weeks. I'm currently on the Verizon website and all voice, text and data are domestic in Puerto Rico.

From the Verizon International plan website. "You can use the DROID Ultra 4G LTE Black for voice, text and data in all selected countries. Puerto Rico is part of your domestic wireless service. Domestic rates apply."

Edited by Mr2Scents

We have Verizon which doesn't have data coverage in PR without international access (voice and text work). ]

I'm planning for our trip in two weeks. I'm currently on the Verizon website and all voice, text and data are domestic in Puerto Rico.

From the Verizon International plan website. "You can use the DROID Ultra 4G LTE Black for voice, text and data in all selected countries. Puerto Rico is part of your domestic wireless service. Domestic rates apply."

Have you been able to get data to work? It didn't for us on our last couple trips.

Have you been able to get data to work? It didn't for us on our last couple trips.

I was able to use my data in OSJ. The last cruise we were stuck in San Juan due to inclement weather at home and I had to use my phone to rebook our flights out. Lucky for us it was free data.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Verizon connects locally in Puerto Rico through a company called Claro which actually bought out Verizon when they used to do business in PR. So you won't even rack up any roaming charges. Everything goes through as domestic.

About the wine, your best bets are the Pueblo supermarket in the Isla Verde area. It's just a short detour on your taxi since it sits right besides the airport (you might likely see it on your left as the plane lands). Also the Supermax at Condado (another short detour) or the Supermax in OSJ. The cellars at Pueblo and Supermax in Condado are the better of the three. Talk to the taxi dsipatcher when you're at the terminal to see if you will incur in extra charges for the detour/wait.

Verizon connects locally in Puerto Rico through a company called Claro which actually bought out Verizon when they used to do business in PR. So you won't even rack up any roaming charges. Everything goes through as domestic.

About the wine, your best bets are the Pueblo supermarket in the Isla Verde area. It's just a short detour on your taxi since it sits right besides the airport (you might likely see it on your left as the plane lands). Also the Supermax at Condado (another short detour) or the Supermax in OSJ. The cellars at Pueblo and Supermax in Condado are the better of the three. Talk to the taxi dsipatcher when you're at the terminal to see if you will incur in extra charges for the detour/wait.

Just reading your post which I found very informative, I do have Verizon and if I understand you correctly I can use my phone without adding any packages and I will not have any extra charges ? I was planning on keeping it in airplane mode to avoid any issues. As for the wine do you know if the Supermax OSJ will be within walking distance of the Marriott Courtyard Miramar ?

Just reading your post which I found very informative, I do have Verizon and if I understand you correctly I can use my phone without adding any packages and I will not have any extra charges ? I was planning on keeping it in airplane mode to avoid any issues. As for the wine do you know if the Supermax OSJ will be within walking distance of the Marriott Courtyard Miramar ?

That's about 3 miles.