Studio cabins... Any advice, thoughts or suggestions?

appletinine

I had a studio cabin on Epic and on the Getaway for seven day cruises and found them to be just fine for a solo cruiser. I also had one on the Escape for one night, all my reviews are in my signature below.

The best part about the studio cabin for me is having access to the Studio Lounge which has a great coffee machine and also water and juice available throughout the day. They also offer pastries and the self-serve wine stations with an area to sit and talk to your fellow Stuido room cruisers, or not. Epic, Breakaway, and the Getaway all have a bar in the lounge as well that is only open certain times but Escape doesn't have a bar.

The Studio Lounge was also used for the solo cruiser's first meet-up on my Epic and Getaway cruises.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

1st, they are not available on all ships.

We brought our (at the time 27 year old) son when we cruised on Epic.

We had a balcony and he had a studio.

We loved his studio!

While our balcony cabin had the separated bathroom with the sink in the bedroom area, that we didn't love and the VERY limited walkway between the bed and the sink and counter, the studio was quite spacious by comparison!

In the studio, the bed is centered and there is a good amount of space when you enter. You have your small private bathroom and a small "desk area." Plus a special lounge that only the studio passengers can visit. They have special coffees and treats, too!

The Studios are well designed. They feel bigger than they are.

As for the other aspects of sailing solo. The studio open onto a common shared living room. If you want to do your own thing you can, if you want to go to dinner as part of a larger group it is east to do that also.

They exist on the newer ships in large numbers and the ship in Hawaii has studio (but there are only 4 are they go quickly).

I just disembarked the breakaway last week and my feelings on the studios are this. The arrangement of the cabin is fine but I found both the shower and commode to be very tight. I am 5'10 and 165 lbs. Yes you have a desk, however the stool which doubles for storage sticks out from under the desk making entry in one of the 2 closets difficult. The sink in the room seems low as it is the same height as the desk. Lighting is adequate and the spot over the sink doesn't really offer enough light at the sink unless other lights are on in the cabin. There are no refrigerators in the cabins meaning your room steward will keep you supplied with ice if you need it. Yes it is nice the lounge has coffee, ice water and orange juice and pastries, cake and cookies thruout the day but if you are up at 3 am you will need to go to O'Sheehans.

I tend to travel solo on another line when I cruise but heard about the studio cabins for solo cruisers, and am curious on the details. Any feedback is appreciated! TIA

I stayed in a studio for a 13 night transatlantic cruise on the Epic and loved it! It was like being in a cocoon, very cozy and oomfortable.

I'm not a breakfast person, but before an excursion I thought i should grab a quick bite and didn't want to go to the buffet, then I remembered the studio lounge and it was perfect. Grab a coffee and a danish and go.

I stayed in a studio for a 13 night transatlantic cruise on the Epic and loved it! It was like being in a cocoon, very cozy and oomfortable.

I'm not a breakfast person, but before an excursion I thought i should grab a quick bite and didn't want to go to the buffet, then I remembered the studio lounge and it was perfect. Grab a coffee and a danish and go.

Love that description " like being in a cocoon." Probably the best one yet. They look very similar to a Yotel room I've seen pictures of. Another review of the studios from the Epic was " a comfy womb with no,view"🤓