How can I help make your visit better?

drake2014

Should be pretty cheap, around $10 for the couple. Don't ask them to wait but ask them to come back for you at a certain time. Odds are there won't be many taxis making that loop when you are ready to leave.

Is there an entrance fee to the park? Do yo know if anyone at the pier offers guided tours?

Drake,

First time on your island for us. We are looking into what excursions and sights you as a native might recommend if it was a family member to do or see.

Thanks in adavance.

Sealeggs

When I get visitors I take them a few places; Cruzan Rum Distillery tour, Domino Club for beer drinking pigs and mamawanna, Paddle-boarding at Freedom City, and relaxing at Sandcastle Beach.

That's my usual plan for visitors. Hope this helps! :)

Drake2014,

Thank you for all the great info. you are providing. It's nice to have a local helping us out like this. I hope the other locals appreciate you.

So..I have seen that it is illegal to take seashells from USVI, any beach, not just national parks, Does this include Sea Glass?

I have also see a notation that certain size of Conch shells are legal to take.

Can you help with clarifying these?

Second question......We will be visiting your island on March 27th.....Easter Sunday....on Adventure, will that create problems or changes in "things"? Will taxis and stores still operate normal hours or ?

TIA for the info.

We're excited to visit your island.

Drake2014,

Thank you for all the great info. you are providing. It's nice to have a local helping us out like this. I hope the other locals appreciate you.

So..I have seen that it is illegal to take seashells from USVI, any beach, not just national parks, Does this include Sea Glass?

I have also see a notation that certain size of Conch shells are legal to take.

Can you help with clarifying these?

Second question......We will be visiting your island on March 27th.....Easter Sunday....on Adventure, will that create problems or changes in "things"? Will taxis and stores still operate normal hours or ?

TIA for the info.

We're excited to visit your island.

Sea glass is fine to take, providing your cruise company doesn't mind.

Please do not take Conch shells of any size. Locals use them for a lot of things and hate to see them taken off island.

You're the second person to ask about Easter and I'm sorry but I really don't know. I imagine most of the taxis and the cruise-centric bars will be open but most everything else will probably close up to go to church.

Happy to help, feel free to ask anything else.

I realize that most if the shopping is at the opposite end of the island, but is there any around the pier? Actually I like the marketplace types. Thanks much.

There are tents of vendors set up around the cruise pier on ship days and quite a few shops in Strand Square with various souvenirs and goods. Also you may want to take a stroll down King Street and look in the shops there.

Thanks for your all your help. So we have decided to go to Sandcastle. Can I rent a life preserver there for when I snorkel? I will be bringing my own snorkel and mask. I get a bit nervous when I am over my head.

Thanks so much for your time, Drake.

I've never seen one there but I'm sure they must have some.

I have another question, is there a cost to get into Mermaid Beach and how far from where The Adventure of The Seas docks is it?

Thanks again!

Mermaid Beach is the private beach at the Buccaneer Hotel out east. I don't know how much they charge to get in but I guarantee it's not free.

It's 18 miles from the pier, on a busy ship day it'll take you almost an hour in a taxi to get there.

The taxi will cost you $25-30 one way.

There are tents of vendors set up around the cruise pier on ship days and quite a few shops in Strand Square with various souvenirs and goods. Also you may want to take a stroll down King Street and look in the shops there.

Thanks much Drake

Which would you recommend, Sandcastle or Rainbow Beach? We have done Rainbow Beach previously and enjoyed it, but thinking of doing something different this time. Will we be disappointed?

I prefer Sandcastle. It's much quieter and peaceful than Rainbow.

Very relaxing at Sandcastle and nice snorkeling.

Hello Drake,

Thanks for the info service. Is there a catamaran/ snorkel trip that you recommend? We will be there on Sunday April 24th. Obviously one that will get us back to the ship in time.

I know Royal Caribbean offers a catamaran sailing excursion from Rainbow beach to Sandy Point and back. EatonDolittle posted some great info about it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277195

As far as snorkeling you could always do a half day Buck Island trip with Big Beards, that's always a great time.

What can you tell me about this? Where do we find them?

They are pigs that crush and drink cans of o'douls at a small restaurant and bar. They live at the Montpelier Domino Club up on mahogany road in the rainforest. If you get there early enough Norma makes a great breakfast, make sure to drink a mamawanna.