Beach house exclusive getaway - Carnival

sungifts

Looks like a great deal. Info says Lawson's Rock which is up in Sandy Bay, so away from the West bay crowds. There are 5 reviews of Lawson Rock Beach Club on Trip Advisor. All good. If you're getting a house in the development versus a condo, even better.

Looks like a great deal. Info says Lawson's Rock which is up in Sandy Bay, so away from the West bay crowds. There are 5 reviews of Lawson Rock Beach Club on Trip Advisor. All good. If you're getting a house in the development versus a condo, even better.

Holy Buckets! Lawson's Rock is doing day passes now? Shezz, that place is groomed and gated with proper security, I can't imagine the home owners allowing it.

I have snorkeled parts of Sandy Bay, there are areas were the reef is to far out to swim to..perhaps a kayak or a boatman would take you if ya want. Ahh yes, the pics show a pier going out the deeper water.

I think it is a grand idea!

Holy Buckets! Lawson's Rock is doing day passes now? Shezz, that place is groomed and gated with proper security, I can't imagine the home owners allowing it.

Guest... my initial thought too. But on TA there does appear to be a Beach Club in the area. And you know how realtor marketing goes. Could be within spitting distance of the road leading tot he gate and a marketer will call it in Lawson's Rock. Either way, it'd make for a different and nicer day for the price of a cabana in MBCC.

• 1 month later...
Carnival's Beach House Exclusive Getaway in Roatan

Has anyone done this excursion? There was only 1 review and I'm trying to decide if this would be a good fit for us. We are a party of 7 - ages ranging 12-46.

The situation with this beach house and its owner seemed very shady. Instead of being allowed to relax and enjoy the area, most of our time was spent listening to the homeowner berate his neighbors, Roatan and Carnival Cruise Lines. Our 'gracious host' went on and on bragging about how after he started hosting excursions at his beach home, his neighbors complained about the extremely loud blaring music. He bragged how, as a business man who 'owns the largest restaurant on the island' , he had befriended the police who responded to his neighbor's complaints by coming to his home, hanging out with him, then turning up the music even louder, then leaving. Imagine being one of this guy's poor neighbor's and how oppressive that would feel. No wonder people are starting to dislike us Americans.

Just a bad attitude and not what we were looking for in a beach excursion. The staff worked hard but we were hardly allowed to interact with any of them without the homeowner interjecting himself. There was a lot of pressure to write a good review and also to purchase photos his staff had taken while we were there. Towards the end of the visit he gathered everyone in his living room and had us all view the photos of ourselves and each other on his television. What a nightmare! My wife and I, as well as many of the other guests, are overweight. We're not the beach-body types. How embarrassing to have our photos in our swimming suits displayed on the TV for everyone to stare out. You could hear a pin drop. Not a good time.

The location was just ok. Not really a nice beach. The wooded area immediately next door was strewn with garbage and rubbish. Filthy really. Instead of a sandy beach, grass & slimy weeds form the floor beneath the shallow water. Not attractive at all. A very large sewer or drainage pipe of some kind empties out directly onto the beach. Very surprising this is a Carnival excursion. One of the buses that drove us there was literally falling apart.

My wife and I have always enjoyed Carnival's excursions, but not this one. I do not recommend it.