10 day Norwegian Jewel

IdRatherBCruisin

I am considering booking the Norwegian Jewel for a 10 days in mid September. This will be my first cruise to Alaska and I wanted to see as much as I could including Sitka, Glacier Bay, and Victoria. This cruise seems to hit everything. So my question is, has anyone taken Norwegian to Alaska and did you like it.

Thanks,

I have sailed NCL in Alaska at last 20 times. Their itineraries are good. :)

You need to be well prepared going so late in the season. Biggest negative, worse weather potential of the season, and lack of daylight- dark by 7pm. So, not a good time frame- if you have a late arrival port time. Being well prepared in your attire is essential.

This will be our first NCL cruise too.

Selected this cruise because of the stops in Stika and ISP. Making plans for an extra layer of clothing and all types of weather.

Like Pizzalady1, we are very exited! Come join us!

Jamie

I did this cruise this year in September - it was one of my best Alaskan cruises - except for Sitka where it rained most of the day we lucked out on the weather.

Also for next year the new dock at ISP is suppose to be ready so no tender will be necessary.

I also like it because it started in Seattle and ends up in my home port of Vancouver so only needed to arrange travel and hotel one way.

Glacier Bay is not too be missed - when we reached the John Hopkins and Margorie Glaciers the ship basically stopped and rotated around for about 45 minutes giving everyone lots of time to see the Glacier up close.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dennis