Barcelona Air2Sea

If taking a cruise out of Barcelona what are your opinions on flying in day prior or day of from East Coast of US ?

Definitely booking thru RCCL using Air2Sea so I know they are responsible for getting there in time...

Thanks In Advance !!!!

We arrived two days in advance to enjoy Barcelona a bit. Lots of things to see and do there. I would not do it if I had to arrive on the same day as the cruise.

Edited by clarea

We arrived two days in advance to enjoy Barcelona a bit. Lots of things to see and do there. I would not do it if I had to arrive on the same day as the cruise.

Thanks ! You would not do it because you wanted to explore or you feel too rushed ? We are doing the TA following the 7 nighter and we have port days in Barcelona so site seeing would not be an issue...

We are doing a cruise out of Barcelona next September 23 and will be leaving home on September 20 arriving Barcelona on September 21. IMHO, it's always good to allow 2 days prior to boarding the ship no matter who you book your flights with. :D

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks ! You would not do it because you wanted to explore or you feel too rushed ? We are doing the TA following the 7 nighter and we have port days in Barcelona so site seeing would not be an issue...

I would feel too stressed about missing flights, lost luggage etc. Most of these transatlantic flights are once per day, so if you miss your connection, you've lost a whole day.

We are doing a cruise out of Barcelona next September 23 and will be leaving home on September 20 arriving Barcelona on September 21. IMHO, it's always good to allow 2 days prior to boarding the ship no matter who you book your flights with. :D

Thanks ! I believe that we will be flying in 1 day prior, just unsure of hotel and surroundings ( i.e. distance to port / airport ) etc

Thanks ! I believe that we will be flying in 1 day prior' date=' just unsure of hotel and surroundings ( i.e. distance to port / airport ) etc[/quote']

From your other thread I see this is your first time in Europe. If you can swing it try to arrive more than just one day prior so you can enjoy Barcelona. Some have issues with jet lag and that extra day will allow get your body clock aligned if you have any problems.

Lots of great suggestions on hotels and transportation on the Spain port of call board. Barcelona is a very easy city to get around..

Hope you have a great cruise.

From your other thread I see this is your first time in Europe. If you can swing it try to arrive more than just one day prior so you can enjoy Barcelona. Some have issues with jet lag and that extra day will allow get your body clock aligned if you have any problems.

Lots of great suggestions on hotels and transportation on the Spain port of call board. Barcelona is a very easy city to get around..

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks !!!!

Looking at hotels now for pre-cruise stay...

If taking a cruise out of Barcelona what are your opinions on flying in day prior or day of from East Coast of US ?

Definitely booking thru RCCL using Air2Sea so I know they are responsible for getting there in time...

Thanks In Advance !!!!

Using Air2Sea does not make RCCL responsible for getting you "there on time " as they have absolutely no control over the airlines and whether or not flights are canceled or delayed. The advantage of using RCCL's Air2Sea program is that in the event the airlines is late and the ship has left port they'll make every effort to get you to the next port to meet up with ship at RCCL's expense.

Flew in once on the same day to Barcelona for a cruise and will never do it again. Way too close for my comfort.

• 1 month later...

Just booked air with Air2Sea for my Harmony cruise out of Barcelona in July. We are flying out of Dallas on Thursday night and will arrive in Barcelona via Heathrow on Friday around 2:00 in the afternoon. This will give us a day and a half to acclimate to the time and jetlag. I do not want to start out the cruise tired as it will be tiring enough with all of the wonderful ports!