Is an HA cabin a no-fly zone for the Upsell Fairy?

Buckimion

Myself and DW have an OV fully-handicapped accessible cabin booked on the Elation for next October. (U243) Finances are looking good and I've been entertaining the idea of either seeing about upgrading to a balcony suite or standing by and seeing if one is offered. (Not that it means much at 11 months out, but it appears that every single balcony suite is still open.)

By having the HA cabin, are we pretty much excluded from offers for upsells? I'm not sure if any of these are designated as HA rooms, but all I need is room for my scooter and it appears this should work.

Elation doesn't have balconies from what I remember. Unless it's one of the cabins on the top deck looking over a walkway below. I would imagine that handicapped cabins would only get an upgrade offer for another handicapped cabin but I'm not 100% sure

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Myself and DW have an OV fully-handicapped accessible cabin booked on the Elation for next October. (U243) Finances are looking good and I've been entertaining the idea of either seeing about upgrading to a balcony suite or standing by and seeing if one is offered. (Not that it means much at 11 months out, but it appears that every single balcony suite is still open.)

By having the HA cabin, are we pretty much excluded from offers for upsells? I'm not sure if any of these are designated as HA rooms, but all I need is room for my scooter and it appears this should work.

Besides the upsell fairy is usually your own motivated PVP, unless you ask them to watch for you, no, you aren't going to get upsell call.

Elation doesn't have standard balcony cabins, but it does have suites which I specified. ;)

I just checked and none of the suites are designated for HA, although as I mentioned, I primarily just need the room for the scooter.

The other consideration for the ha cabins is not just 'room for the scooter' but also a door wide enough for it to get through. I don't know much about scooters but I know that one of the modifications for the ha cabins are wider doors for that reason. Just something to consider.