Ever try a last minute upgrade?

jimneda

We sail very soon, I can see there are very few cabins left, but 6 suites are available.

Has anyone tried an upgrade in the last week before sailing, or even at the port or onboard?

If anyone has tips, tricks, or hints on this, or results you have experienced?

Let me know. We are still red card, so we won't get any help from our status.

Doing the single digit dance!

I booked my spa balcony directly with CCL. There are three of us in a cabin.

I plan on calling a week or so before if there are spa suites available and asking how much

it would cost to upgrade at a discount. If they laugh at me, I'm back to where I started so nothing lost on my end

Let us know how you make out and enjoy your cruise.

On our last cruise I had called a couple of weeks prior asking how much to upgrade to a grand suite. The overall price had dropped and I thought it might not be much to make that move. However there were no GS available for our number of guests.

The day before the cruise I got a call that someone had cancelled last minute and would I like to upgrade for $xxx to a GS. It was slightly less than what was on the website, but since the cruise price had dropped overall, it was a good deal for us to take the upsell.

I think because I'd called and shown interest that this is why I was called when there was a cancellation. They guy seemed to have record of my interest in a GS.

You're not going to get much, if anything off of the website price in an upsell call. But heck, it can't hurt to try!

We sail very soon, I can see there are very few cabins left, but 6 suites are available.

Has anyone tried an upgrade in the last week before sailing, or even at the port or onboard?

If anyone has tips, tricks, or hints on this, or results you have experienced?

Let me know. We are still red card, so we won't get any help from our status.

Doing the single digit dance!

Red cards get love too! All that matters is the color of money :) I've changed/upgraded my cabin one time while on board the Elation by going to guest services. The area of the ship I was in was much too quiet for my liking and I politely asked GS if there was anyway I could change cabins. To my surprise they moved me to a Balcony and let me choose any one that was available. It never hurts to ask.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser