Back to back on P+O Oriana

hamish123

Hi, we will shortly be going on the Oriana for a triple back to back cruise.

I am aware that the cabin steward/ deck supervisor will help us to move to our new cabin , for the second cruise, but can someone please tell me, do they move everything for you, or do you have to pack certain items yourself.

Any advice will be appreciated, from those who have experienced the procedure.

Hello. They will move everything for you. A little bit of packing will help them move you quicker tho. They came to us about 10am. We moved from A Deck to C Deck on Arcadia last year. We managed to get the Door card of the other room and moved some of our belongings before the house manager arrived so there was only the Wardrobes to empty

Hi, we will shortly be going on the Oriana for a triple back to back cruise.

I am aware that the cabin steward/ deck supervisor will help us to move to our new cabin , for the second cruise, but can someone please tell me, do they move everything for you, or do you have to pack certain items yourself.

Any advice will be appreciated, from those who have experienced the procedure.

I think it depends on the ship/housekeeper etc.

They will move everything on rails to the new room.

We had to empty everything in drawers into cases, which we then chose to wheel round to the new room.

Others in the past have posted that they moved everything on rails and anything in drawers-drawers were taken out and taken to the new room and replaced the drawers there, which were then taken to the old room, if you get my drift.

They will let you know which option you will be having.

Personally, we've always moved ourselves (They will give you one of those hotel luggage carts if you ask), but I've never heard of any bad experiences if they move everything for you. Another tip...go and find your 'new' steward a few days before and ask them to do your 'new' cabin first on turnaround day so you can move in as early as possible. Second tip...remember to look really smug at breakfast, 'cos everyone else is getting off and you're not!:D

Simon

Is it not possible to keep the same cabin for each cruise? When we do back to back on Thomson we always keep the same cabin for the duration.

Or did you decide later that you wanted to stay for the next cruise?

Hi, yes we decided later, hence not the same cabins.

Many thanks for all your helpful replies.

We did a back to back on Ventura in October and housekeeping came to help us move. They did ask us to pack everything from the drawers back into bags for moving, but said they would bring a rail to transfer everything from the wardrobe area. In fact, when they arrived the girl said she would carry everything and proceeded to grab all my long dresses off the rail! I didn't like the thought of them being dragged along the corridors and asked her to leave them for me to re-pack into the suit carrier for the move.

Certainly enjoyed breakfast that morning when people asked "How far have you got to travel?" and being able to reply "We're staying on for the next cruise". Tried not to look too smug :D

Michele

Is it not possible to keep the same cabin for each cruise? When we do back to back on Thomson we always keep the same cabin for the duration.

Or did you decide later that you wanted to stay for the next cruise?

We are doing a back to back for the first time. We booked the first cruise over 12 months ago. then decided to do the next cruise 5 months ago. I suppose it depends on the cruise but we were lucky to get the same suite for both cruises. I wouldn't have booked if I had to move.

Maybe not quite so smug on a b2b. Everyone getting into lifts with their hand luggage. I get in rather casually dressed, with plastic carrier bags.

People looked at me...oh dear she couldn't get it in her hand luggage..me rather smugly...actually just off to the laundry....that was most of my changeover day...at least no fights for the machines etc....