Murder Mystery on Dawn

RumpunchGirl

I read a post a while back about the Murder Mystery Lunch on Dawn. How can I find out more info about this for my upcoming cruise? Do they have this on Sea Days only? How can you make reservations? It sounds like something we would enjoy. Thanks for your help!

We did this last year when it was on the NCL Star and it was great fun. It was very interactive with the diners and the Second City Troupe was awesome. You made reservations for Presumed Murdered on board the ship and the cost was $20 per person. It started at noon on a sea day. This was a one-time thing so space was limited.

I read a post a while back about the Murder Mystery Lunch on Dawn. How can I find out more info about this for my upcoming cruise? Do they have this on Sea Days only? How can you make reservations? It sounds like something we would enjoy. Thanks for your help!

It is done at lunch on sea days only. It would be on ships featuring the Second City Group. A lively semi-scripted improv where audience participation steers the plot. Every show will be slightly different. We did it on a Western Caribbean on the Star

Thanks for the info. Where do you go to make a reservation and find out which day it is offered?

Information about the murder mystery lunch will be in the Freestyle Daily you receive. On the Dawn this past February it was called Second City presents NCLIS and it was on the last day at sea and held in the La Cucina restaurant. That same evening, Second City also did an adult show in the Spinnaker Lounge at 10:00 PM.

Second City also did an Improv show in the Stardust Theater the evening before our last sea day. If you enjoy comedy and Improv don’t miss their shows.

My info is from November 2014 on our Panama Canal cruise and the menu might be slightly different…although I doubt it.

It consisted of three basic courses, (salad, entrée, and desert.) Between the courses the murder mystery would play out. Here’s a picture of the menu. As you can see the only choice was the entrée of either chicken or salmon. I have no idea if they provided a different menu for anyone who might be a Vegan.

bf3tb9.jpg

Everyone in our party had the chicken and it was very good as was the entire meal and show. My only regret from our February 2015 cruise on the Dawn is we didn’t do the NCLIS lunch.

Edited by Oakman58