Live, Thanksgiving upon the Freedom, 11-22 to 11-29

seadog67

Looks like my kit! Thanks for doing this report, really looking forward to our trip on FOS in April (same itinerary) :-)

Thanks rtw! Yeah wires wires everywhere lol. Hope u have a great trip on your turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time did you arrive that it only took 18 minutes?

The shuttle left the hotel at 10:40 and we were on board at 11:10 so shuttle was about 10 mins or so.

Really nice checkin and boarding. They advised that boarding might be at noon but as soon as we sat down they called suites and diamond etc then by the time we got our pic they were calling numbers.

Hi! We are staying at Residence Inn this coming Friday until we leave on cruise Sunday. I think I read you walked about a mile? This may be a weird question, but I was wondering if it is walkable around there or if there are no sidewalks? We were thinking of going to the manatee park, maybe play mini golf at the place you took a picture of. Thanks! :)

Hi! We are staying at Residence Inn this coming Friday until we leave on cruise Sunday. I think I read you walked about a mile? This may be a weird question, but I was wondering if it is walkable around there or if there are no sidewalks? We were thinking of going to the manatee park, maybe play mini golf at the place you took a picture of. Thanks! :)

Have a great time! It is walkable with sidewalks most of the way. Crossing the street to the other side required jwalking as the cross overs are far apart. The mini golf and bars were easy to walk to and looked relatively safe. The mini golf was not open at that time and I do not know the hours sorry.

Thank you for all the miscellaneous detailed pictures! I will be on FOS in January with a special needs child and elderly parents so the pictures of the terminal were very helpful. Gives me an idea of what to expect. What level and area do you enter the ship from (Centrum 5th Floor?)

Thank you for all the miscellaneous detailed pictures! I will be on FOS in January with a special needs child and elderly parents so the pictures of the terminal were very helpful. Gives me an idea of what to expect. What level and area do you enter the ship from (Centrum 5th Floor?)

You are welcome and I will try and give some details during the week with your situation in mind. We traveled many times with elderly parents so know some of the issues that come with that.

We entered on deck 4 on the promenade level

Awesome Review!! Can I ask what photo sharing site you use? Was thinking of doing a Live from our Oasis cruise in January but it doesn't seem like Google photos will work.

Thanks

Thank you! I use tapatalk exclusively which hosts the photos and videos(via vimeo) so i can post photos right in the post via tapatalk, which cruise critic is on.

Just know sometimes even on good lte signal or good wifi posting pics and vids can be slow and give you errors so compose big text posts in word or pages on iphone then copy and paste so u do not lose a large post.

Love the live review...will be on Oasis next Saturday so excited to read any and all reviews

Thanks Ohio! Enjoy Oasis, we were going to do the western on oasis but wanted to return to grand cayman so picked freedom.

Our route this week

https://vimeo.com/146557782

Look forward to following along until our cruise 11/30 on Indy.

Can I ask how you got from the Orlando airport to the Residence Inn? Have never done a cruise out of Port Canaveral.

And really cute dogs!

Bon Voyage!

Debbie

Thanks debbie sorry I missed this earlier. We used Happy Limo service from the airport and they will pick us up next sunday. It cost $210 for the round trip for up to 4 people.

Thanks the pups are cute but troublemakers lol

Thanks for posting this live report. Still have a little over 4 months til our very first cruise in April. Eastern itinerary on the Freedom. It'll be here before you know it. And reading your report is great. Making me very excited.

Edited by CookieDiva

Very nice start to your vacation.

Beautiful pictures and description.

Always loved the Freedom.

Oh.

We were in Dayton Ohio yesterday and gas was $1.69/gallon.

Here near Warren Ohio we paid $1.81 per gallon.

Safe travels.

Cannot wait for more on your travel site.

Sea Ya

Loving everything so far, thanks! I'll be on Freedom in March, staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port - appreciated the pic (and all the others, AWESOME!).

Thanks Cathi! Have a great time, and glad you are enjoying.

Here are the dailies for today

ba8ae0aef4f66543a6b7801ea747657c.jpg

940fbd4181f0482ac54dccaf5fa3865b.jpg

ef9ae1c3d8c58aae725d031b1717cf43.jpg

3c5b9d988cb2c41b29eceaf604b6e8f6.jpg

The officers of Freedom of the Seas

1231461055f3d3579205a702e7bf6a83.jpg

Thanks for posting this live report. Still have a little over 4 months til our very first cruise - which will be on the Freedom. It'll be here before you know it. And reading tie report is making me very excited!

Glad your enjoying CookieDiva! Hope you have blast in your first cruise!

Here are some amenities in our cabin ( might be in all cabins I am not sure)

f34d3dc9355d8b58a9fe1b695ecf93ce.jpg

10f954c646e9b11ccf09d2f34330efea.jpg

7cd9102ed277fd1367844d46e90f96bd.jpg

9130ca4ef2319340d06f7802c3d0cd86.jpg

Very nice start to your vacation.

Beautiful pictures and description.

Always loved the Freedom.

Oh.

We were in Dayton Ohio yesterday and gas was $1.69/gallon.

Here near Warren Ohio we paid $1.81 per gallon.

Safe travels.

Cannot wait for more on your travel site.

Sea Ya

Thanks lioness! Glad your enjoying! Always like to check gas prices around different places :)

Waiting on luggage and muster drill and looking at excursions:

Doing a beach break at playa mia in cozumel, we booked a day bed in labadee and are cabbing it to Royal Palms resort or bar area in Cayman at 7 mile beach. No plans yet for Jamaica man!