I need help from someone who knows..

pbmsmile

I am trying to help my friends book their hotel for their cruise. She is flying into FFL the day before her cruise and sailing out of the port of Miami. We found a great hotel on the beach in Hollywood Beach which I THINK is on the way between the two but I am not 100% sure. :confused:

1. IS Hollywood Beach on the way between the two???

2. How long will it take to get to Hollywood Beach from FFL? From HB to POM?

3. Best way to get there? Cost? Unfortunately she is under 25 so she cant rent a car on her own (which is silly since she has a college degree and teaches full=time)

I sure hope one of you brilliant people has the answers I need so we can get this booked! Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by pbmsmile

Hollywood beach is approx. 11 miles south of FFL and another 13-15 miles to the POM. Sorry, but I can't help with transportation to the port but I'm sure a taxi would be quite expensive. Also call the hotel because it's possible they may be able to offer suggestions.

Edited by msjazzymiss

I am trying to help my friends book their hotel for their cruise. She is flying into FFL the day before her cruise and sailing out of the port of Miami. We found a great hotel on the beach in Hollywood Beach which I THINK is on the way between the two but I am not 100% sure. :confused:

3. Best way to get there? Cost? Unfortunately she is under 25 so she cant rent a car on her own (which is silly since she has a college degree and teaches full=time)

I sure hope one of you brilliant people has the answers I need so we can get this booked! Thank you so much in advance!

In South Florida, we tell you the distance in minutes not miles.

FLL to Hollywood Beach, depending on where is anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

Hollywood Beach to the POM is going to be about 45+ minutes depending on the day of the week and time of day.

Since she cannot rent a car, I would skip Hollywood Beach and either stay in FLL the night before and shuttle to the POM in the morning or immediately shuttle to Miami and spend the night there.

Hollywood Beach is going to be a PIA without a car.

What date?

What time of day do they arrive?

Are you trying to stay within a budget?

We have used QLS Shuttle service to transfer to Miami from FLL.. It runs 15$ per person.

Then stayed in downtown Miami. No beach, but great restaurants, shopping and a few min. cab ride to the ship.

Or if you want beach, stay in Ft. L precruise and transfer to POM in morning. Shuttles stop at some hotels.

Not sure why you have picked Hollywood. Cab fares won't be cheap.

1. Best option precruise is to stay in Miami which is about an hour south of FLL. Hollywood beach is sorta on the way to Miami because it's south of FLL

2. Depends on traffic. The 95 is horrible on Monday/Friday and better on the weekends. Plan at least an hour.

3. She can rent a car as long as she's 21 but she will pay an underage fee. She could Uber from FLL to the hotel and then book a shuttle to the cruise terminal in the morning if not renting a car. That's how I would do it.

FYI we see doing this plan next week on our NCL cruise. We're staying in the Boca area pre cruise and then transitioning to Miami. Overall I like FLL much better than MIA.

The later in the day you arrive into FLL the fewer transport options your friend will find and the more expensive the trip to Miami will be.

Arriving late - stay near FLL and shuttle to POM the next day; shuttle services like SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others are suggested on this board every day with fares starting at about $15 per person.

Taxi from FLL to downtown Miami (close to POM) will run about $75-80+ Uber will save you a few $$ A taxi from downtown Miami hotels to POM the next day will cost about $12-15