Dawn Princess boarding with 2 small children

Hello again guys!

Last time we cruised with hubby (without the kids) on 2 different ships, boarding took a while...

just wondering if we can skip the queue with 2 small children? long boarding wasn't an issue back then, but now kids will get pretty cranky and will go crazy standing and waiting in queue for 1 hour.

those that have kids, is there a preferred time to board? earlier? later?

many thanks!

Hello again guys!

Last time we cruised with hubby (without the kids) on 2 different ships, boarding took a while...

just wondering if we can skip the queue with 2 small children? long boarding wasn't an issue back then, but now kids will get pretty cranky and will go crazy standing and waiting in queue for 1 hour.

many thanks!

if you want to avoid the crowds come after 1pm and you should be on pretty quick....boarding commences about 11.45 so you cant get on any earlier and people with priority boarding and wheel chair people go on first

would it be possible to get priority boarding with 2 kids?

If everyone with kids got priority boarding that would be so unfair on everyone else. Their legs have more energy than mine and I wouldn't be happy to stand hours in a queue watching hundreds of ankle biters sauntering past to the front of the line.

I work hard for my priority boardings. Sometimes I have booked a suite. Sometimes I find an offer that includes it. Sometimes my membership status gets it. I hate standing in the long queues and will do almost anything to avoid it but sometimes it's unavoidable and you gotta just grin and bear it.

Unless your platinum or Elite and/or in Suite your not going to get priority boarding. Maybe come after 1 pm like someone else suggested and most of the eager beavers will have been process already and should be a smooth boarding.

Hello again guys!

many thanks!

There are going to be many times that you will need to wait with your children, such as getting off and on the ship at every port, in line for the restaurants and maybe for activities. If your children are young enough, maybe a stroller would be a good idea to contain them and keep them from getting tired. A front to back stroller works much better than a side by side. When our children were very young we found a backpack was great for touring but not so much in crowded environments as if we turned we could hit the people behind us.