Which Cruise Terminal?

GolfMom321

Cruise timetables says there is one ship in addition to yours in San Juan that day. It is the Carnival Splendor. With a low number of ships, you will almost certainly dock at one of the piers in Old San Juan. The Pan American pier is used primarily for RCCL and Celebrity cruises beginning and ending in San Juan, and for overflow on very busy days.

Cruise timetables says there is one ship in addition to yours in San Juan that day. It is the Carnival Splendor. With a low number of ships, you will almost certainly dock at one of the piers in Old San Juan. The Pan American pier is used primarily for RCCL and Celebrity cruises beginning and ending in San Juan, and for overflow on very busy days.

Thank you!!! Very helpful info.

Thank you, any hotel advice ? Want to stay one night and possibly hike the rain forest and have some good eats in Old San Juan. Looking to keep costs down but want clean and comfortable.

The rain forest is ~1.5 hours away from Old San Juan, so you'll want to find an organized tour or rent a car. Taking a taxi would be extremely expensive. DH and I prefer to stay near OSJ/airport and take a cab into OSJ to walk around and eat. There are many places near the airport which are reasonably priced. The Hampton Inn is the first that comes to mind - many others are resorts on the beach and therefore far more expensive. Check Hotwire's section that actually lists the hotels to get an idea of location and amenities. That section costs more than the "Hot Rates" hotels but you know what you're getting upfront.

Thank you, any hotel advice ? Want to stay one night and possibly hike the rain forest and have some good eats in Old San Juan. Looking to keep costs down but want clean and comfortable.

If you prefer to stay in OSJ consider the Sheraton in Old San Juan.

oh decisions decisions, checked Sheraton rate is 199, Hampton Inn is 239, their other property Condado Plaza Hilton is 169, and the Marriott Courtyard I originally looked at I is Courtyard Isle Verde Beach Resort at 165. any thoughts between the Hilton or Marriott (2 best prices) ?

oh decisions decisions, checked Sheraton rate is 199, Hampton Inn is 239, their other property Condado Plaza Hilton is 169, and the Marriott Courtyard I originally looked at I is Courtyard Isle Verde Beach Resort at 165. any thoughts between the Hilton or Marriott (2 best prices) ?

I haven't stayed at either place, but have seen both of them. If you want to be on the beach then choose the Marriott. It is a pretty nice beach, close to the airport, closer to the rain forest (but you will have to rent a car or get a tour), farther from OSJ (taxi about $20, bus $0.75 per person. The Hilton is closer to OSJ but further from the rain forest.

I think that is a good rate for the Marriott. When we were there both times it was much higher than our other choices (Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn). It was higher that Condado Plaza Hilton by quite a bit.