Need help pulling off this surprise.

welovetocruise1234

ONE DAY to pack for two weeks???? :eek: I'd have killed you!! .

I would be right behind you! What a truly thoughtless thing to do. Surprise parties,for instance, are frequently not met with the same enthusiasm as the party giver would like to think. And, as has been frequently mentioned here, the anticipation is half the fun. I think that the OP's idea of a last minute scavenger hunt is perfect. It has both the element of surprise and anticipation. She has not mentioned how old the children are, which can also make a difference. Also, one thing OP might want to consider if the children are not used to sailing, is some seasickness preventative measures, i.e. bracelet, patch, whatever. Happy voyage!

Thank you all for the advice. My children have been on many cruises all over the Caribbean and Alaska. They have been asking all year to again, so I know they will love this.

As to custody, I have official papers giving me sole custody with zero rights for the father. I always bring them, but have never needed them.

Thank you all for the advice. My children have been on many cruises all over the Caribbean and Alaska. They have been asking all year to again, so I know they will love this.

As to custody, I have official papers giving me sole custody with zero rights for the father. I always bring them, but have never needed them.

Ah, you didn't mention before that your kids have cruised and like it. Then they'll definitely love this. Do you have any leftover postcards from previous cruises? You might send one or two to the kids to see if they figure it out. Or just add them to the surprise package.

Please let us know how it turns out!