Cheers question

fam2cruise

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I could not find it. If one adult in a cabin cannot drink due to medical reasons and provides a notice of such from a doctor, can the remaining adult in the cabin buy the cheers program? Specifically we'll be on Triumph 4 day in March. I've emailed Carnival but have not heard back.

Kind of a dumb system they have cause there's lots of couples where only one drinks cocktails so they don't buy the pkg

Wish Carnival would include a separate option 🍹🍹😜

Come on, we all know it is all about money to Carnival. Only one drinker in the room will spend much more than the program costs on his/her bar bill. And someone who knows that the 2 of them don't drink near the 15 a day limit would cheat and pass to the other. We have always bought Cheers since it 1st came out. Our bill is much cheaper. And we have never hit the 15 point, though we sure tried the 1st time!:eek: But, I tried things I would not have otherwise, etc...

Come on, we all know it is all about money to Carnival. Only one drinker in the room will spend much more than the program costs on his/her bar bill. And someone who knows that the 2 of them don't drink near the 15 a day limit would cheat and pass to the other. We have always bought Cheers since it 1st came out. Our bill is much cheaper. And we have never hit the 15 point, though we sure tried the 1st time!:eek: But, I tried things I would not have otherwise, etc...

Even if a person were to drink their 15 limit every single day Carnival will still make a tidy sum of money. With their corporate purchasing power they are getting the booze at incredible prices. If you drank a liter of hard alcohol in those 15 drinks that would probably cost them ten bucks.

Kind of a dumb system they have cause there's lots of couples where only one drinks cocktails so they don't buy the pkg

Wish Carnival would include a separate option 🍹🍹😜

It would be dumb only if Cheers was the only way to buy drinks. You can always purchase drinks the traditional way.

Even if a person were to drink their 15 limit every single day Carnival will still make a tidy sum of money. With their corporate purchasing power they are getting the booze at incredible prices. If you drank a liter of hard alcohol in those 15 drinks that would probably cost them ten bucks.

I did not mean to suggest they weren't making money off of us. Just that they would make MORE money in a situation that only one person drinks from a cabin of 2, if the drinker paid by the drink, rather than he gets the cheers and shares. That is their state of mind not mine.

I did not mean to suggest they weren't making money off of us. Just that they would make MORE money in a situation that only one person drinks from a cabin of 2, if the drinker paid by the drink, rather than he gets the cheers and shares. That is their state of mind not mine.

We are in agreement, I was just saying Carnival makes lots of money no matter what scenario plays out :D! You are right, if there is one hardcore drinker and one non drinker Carnival comes out ahead even more by imposing the all adults in room must purchase rule.