Who proofreads Oceania's Web Site??

mike35

I know, picky picky in the overall scheme of things. I was just perusing Oceania's web site, particularly the page that describes concierge level staterooms. The description begins, "A tasteful example of understand elegance and superb amenities,..." Do you think they meant "A tasteful example of understated elegance..."? It then goes on to say "Our concierge level stateroom represent..." This should either be "staterooms represent" or "stateroom represents". Methinks I have too much time on my hands:p

Mike

Even their itineraries on the website are often wrong.

The website's Istanbul-Singapore itinerary, Nov 06, show Safaga on both sides of the Suez Canal, and has arrival time in Singapore twelve hours off.

The itinerary they send with the confirmation is correct - you think someone would take the time to proof the website.

........ and then there's the Oceania Club sign-in page which among other things states "Fun behind the scenes" INFROMATION. I emailed Oceania several times months ago about this error but obviously to no avail. I do however recall taking a lot of flak from certain folks on the "other" Oceania discussion site for having stated that I was disappointed that Oceania staff didn't have the courtesy to reply to my emails. It seems that I'm not alone when it comes to being, as they described me, picky!

I think Oceania hasn't quite recognized the "Power of the World Wide Web" and the way so many people use the Internet.

How many of you have gotten an intelligent answer from Oceania to an email sent to their Customer Service department? (I have had 1 intelligent answer, 1 answer where they repeated my question as the supposed answer, and 5 emails ignored.)

Look at the VOLUME of messages generated over November 5, 2005 itinerary change that was announced FIRST on their Web Page. (This is a big No-No. You try to communicate with all involved parties before updating the Web Site unless you can figure a way to announce it to involved parties at the same time as you update the Web Site.)

We were all VERY impressed when Mr. Del Rio asked for our input re At Sea Day activities. However, he has chosen to absent himself since then. (Can't say I blame him because of the problem with the 3% Foreign Transaction Fee and the November 5 cruise, but he SHOULD have had someone send at least a short message thanking everyone for their input.)

The final example is Oceania's failure to notify folks that their credit card would be charged immediately when they booked Shore Excursions on their Web Site.

I haven't tried to do the Passenger Identification Forms on the Web this year, but couldn't get them to post last year.

Paisley12 said it best -- "what else don't they care about or overlook".

They held up sending my cruise docs because they said they hadn't received the passenger info. forms. I sent them as soon as I booked the cruise and only found out they didn't get them until 2 weeks prior to the cruise. This time I sent them on the computer and copied them and mailed the info. to them.

Joan

One other "area of opportunity" for Oceania's web folks -- when trying to access the "recommended reading" tab on our upcoming S. America cruise, I continually receive the dreaded "this page cannot be found". Please - either fix it, or remove the tab!

Mike

..and while they are at doing some corrections to their website it would sure be great if when you look up fares on such and such a date if a cabin category is sold out they could state it next to the suggested fare ......

Y'all are right. The Customer Service promised change in tour price I mentioned above still does not appear on the Oceania web site for booked passengers. It doesn't matter, though, because the cost of the individual tours still adds up to less than the Pack price.

In their description of onboard bars and lounges Grappa n. states that grappa is made from grape leaves, when if fact it is made from the pressed skins and seeds of grapes. I sent an E-mail two weeks ago ...no response. sailing Nautica 11/28/05.

I see where someone is at least perusing this thread -- the first error (understand instead of understated) has now been corrected. Unfortunately, the "recommended reading" link still goes to a non-existent page.

Mike

Mike,

I hope you don't mind ... I made a reference (along with someone else) on the thread "Oceania's Office" to include your thread when Jan contacts their management and sends her/our comments to Oceania. There is a lot of good feedback in both treads.

As an Oceania cruiser who will be embarking on her 4th Oceania cruise and has also booked a 5th one, I would very much appreciate Oceania's making its web pages more user friendly.

I have several issues with their ports/excursions pages. Why is the description of each port set up so that you must click more to view the entire description? And why are these pages set up only to work with Internet Explorer? When you click more, if you are using Netscape as your browser, the description overlaps the tours rather than having the space expanding. Also, if using Netscape, you are unable to print the descriptions of the excursions. These excursion descriptions can be printed using Internet Explorer, but that browser does not allow you to edit the page before printing.

Another problem is navigation especially when you want to browse itineraries; each time you want to view a new itinerary you must go back and start again on the home page.

I very much agree with the writer who suggested use of a user panel.

Generally the web guys are not the ones writing the content. They just design the user interface and cut and paste the copy. It is the people writing the content (marketing) that are mainly responsible for misspelling and errors in grammar.

This is another example of Oceania going on the cheap where the copy is not thouroughly reviewed other than through an automated spell checker.

Management organization infrastructure of this line is sorely lacking!

Mikebrill,

Can you read all cruise Websites and check and report on all mistakes as this will save us all a lot of time

many thanks

Are you for real???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mike,

I couldn't remember the cruise you were taking, but the Recommended Reading tab for the one that we are on DID just work.

Also, the Guest Information Form worked quite well. It provides an Information Submitted confirmation message.

lcand

Archived