First Time in Haven

marvin79

We will be Haven first timers too. This thread is excellent! One question we have: is it worthwhile to purchase the spa/thermal suite? It sounds like the Haven has its own area, so was wondering if there is much difference. Not sure if it matters, but we will be traveling on Breakaway. Thanks!

We will be Haven first timers too. This thread is excellent! One question we have: is it worthwhile to purchase the spa/thermal suite? It sounds like the Haven has its own area, so was wondering if there is much difference. Not sure if it matters, but we will be traveling on Breakaway. Thanks!

We found the spa thermal suites pass an excellent addition to the Haven. Haven has a small sauna, the thermal suite is a whole different thing.

Edited by Boschmann

Like everything else in life. If you tip well the butler will get you anything you want if available.

The butler expects the tip at the end of the cruise. In the meanwhile he will bring you anything you want, if available. No need to tip before hand. His or her job is to accomodate. If done well, tip well, if done bad, don't tip well. We have had great butlers and we had butlers that were invisible and more or less only turned up the last morning. Most if them were excellent, though.

Edited by Aladdin1968

Love the thermal suite and as soon as passes were available online we bought them. The heated tile lounges and the hot tubs are great and we spend hours there just relaxing. The Haven is nice and with adding in the thermal suite pass you're in heaven!!

The last Suite I had was on the Gem Jan. 1st 2012 Aft facing penthouse suite. Never was explained anything about perks until we met the Concierge, I believe her name was florlentino (not correct spelling) If we needed ANYTHING she helped us out. She was the best. As far as our Butler we never saw him till the last day when we was getting ready to leave. LMAO. Our room steward we saw twice. We was on a 9 day cruise.

We leave this Friday Jan 22nd in the same Suite we stayed in last time hopefully we have a different Butler and room steward.

The last Suite I had was on the Gem Jan. 1st 2012 Aft facing penthouse suite. Never was explained anything about perks until we met the Concierge, I believe her name was florlentino (not correct spelling) If we needed ANYTHING she helped us out. She was the best. As far as our Butler we never saw him till the last day when we was getting ready to leave. LMAO. Our room steward we saw twice. We was on a 9 day cruise.

We leave this Friday Jan 22nd in the same Suite we stayed in last time hopefully we have a different Butler and room steward.

I found that having a pad of paper and leaving "Instructions" both morning and before dinner helped us a lot.

We wrote what snacks or appetizer's we wanted delivered, what time, and what and how many water and sodas we needed to be delivered.

We also asked for the cooler to be left in our cabin for our entire cruise so we could ice them down to our enjoyment.

One list was for the butler and one for our steward such as extra towels or soap and shampoo for the spa. Worked very well.

We were a H3

I found that having a pad of paper and leaving "Instructions" both morning and before dinner helped us a lot.

We wrote what snacks or appetizer's we wanted delivered, what time, and what and how many water and sodas we needed to be delivered.

We also asked for the cooler to be left in our cabin for our entire cruise so we could ice them down to our enjoyment.

One list was for the butler and one for our steward such as extra towels or soap and shampoo for the spa. Worked very well.

We were a H3

Precisely. A note with a please and a thank you work wonders.:)

We were a H3

When you have requested waters and sodas to be delivered to the suite, were they complimentary? The reason I ask is because we ordered a case of water - they have a special financing package available for water purchases ;-). Anyway, I will cancel the order if it is not necessary. Thank you!

When you have requested waters and sodas to be delivered to the suite, were they complimentary? The reason I ask is because we ordered a case of water - they have a special financing package available for water purchases ;-). Anyway, I will cancel the order if it is not necessary. Thank you!

Water & soda are complimentary only if you are in certain suites. I think they are the garden villa, deluxe owners suite and owners suite. You can bring your own on though if you are not in that type of suite. Lol about the financing😄

We just had Florentina on the Spirit....awesome woman! I also want to give a shout out to Elvina, who was our concierge on the Pearl in December. But back to the OP's original complaint....we always have a letter in our cabin from the concierge detailing what can be done for us, usually once a day. And we've had last minute upsells into a suite, for a bargain price, and I don't feel we were treated any differently.

We just had Florentina on the Spirit....awesome woman! I also want to give a shout out to Elvina, who was our concierge on the Pearl in December. But back to the OP's original complaint....we always have a letter in our cabin from the concierge detailing what can be done for us, usually once a day. And we've had last minute upsells into a suite, for a bargain price, and I don't feel we were treated any differently.

We too had Florentina and she was the best we've had but the butler was just so-so a few weeks back.